Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

1. Finished the game with 259 moons. Looks like you need 500 to unlock everything, so plenty left to do.

Really enjoyed this one. I always prefered the more linear/platformy Marios, but this one is by far my favorite of the open ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I only play in tablet mode. Is it the same docked?
    Yeah. but at a higher resolution so it looks a little better. rio games, but this is by far the most fun of the three open ones.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Nov 2017 at 10:55 AM.

2. Who's a good boy? The fedora-wearing Nintendog is a good boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    In other news, ever since watching that Saturn video about half transparent and mesh, the fact that this game uses a whole lot of meshes (basically whenever something is between Mario and the camera) bugs me too. I only play in tablet mode. Is it the same docked?
    It’s stylistic right?

I forgot about that “feature” of the Saturn, Symphony of the Night looked like arse.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. I'm pretty sure I'm burning out on this game. I'm in food land and not having any fun trying to do the stupid hat-less rotating platforms section.
    But the whole "swing the camera around 360 degrees to look for hidden coins/moons" is kinda boring now, especially when the levels are either (mostly) zero challenge or (occasionally, such as right now) I want to throw the switch through the window difficult.

5. I have 400 moons, it was lame to find out that you can buy more moons indefinitely after beating the story, because I found that I wasted about 5 grand in coins. I thought there was a cap like 50 for some reason.

I too am a bit burnt out but part of that is because it's a different kind of Mario. I lasted longer than I thought I would because these 3D platformers are simply not as enjoyable. I feel like at least 30% of the time you die, get hit or whatever is total bullshit. Also, I had more fun getting orbs in Crackdown. I know it's not the same...
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 09 Nov 2017 at 05:50 PM.

6. Listen listen listen. It has some good and pure moments, but if anyone wants to say "if I wanted to collect a million bullshit things in big worlds that sometimes just aren't that interesting and i had to collect another thing to get a new hat i'd play an MMO or an Ubisoft game or something by not Nintendo and this is the 2nd time it's happened this year and everyone shat themselves over it and it's making me sad because they'll probably keep doing it because it works, maybe i'm just getting old and hate change but the other olds don't seem as worried" i wouldn't tell them that they're wrong.

It's a bad mario game and yoshi would be right if he said it's getting the +2 nintenda review points
    Donk

7. Zelda was fairly boring though. Imo

8. I played it and it was good?

This game is fun. Collecting moons until you’re bored or used to the novel aspect of worlds is kind of the basic idea behind Mario in 3D. I get lost in these worlds because every 5 minutes feels like forward progress. It’s a good set up. I also like all of the enemies you have to learn in each level. The extendo caterpillar in Lost Island was dope af.

No game is infinitely fun forever. They're fun while they last.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 Nov 2017 at 09:42 PM.

9. I like Zelda more. I think they're both good, just not the best games in either series. The Noby Noby Boy (caterpillar) level is fantastic though.
    Donk

10. I still hold Zelda as the bestest one. The gilding fell off this lily fairly quickly though. It's my fault, I shouldn't have spent so much time on the initial levels. Also, the boss battles (at least up to where I am now at Food Land) have been pretty dumb.