Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

1. I'm almost at 600 moons now. It's beginning to get difficult to find ones without a guide (but I haven't cracked and checked anything online yet), but I can knock out 2-3 on breaks between work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. I've been playing 1 world every couple days or so, but have basically fully cleared everything (that is unlocked) so far. I'm up to food land.

None of the moons have been really hard IMO, its just being observant and/or obsessive about spinning the camera at all angles, everywhere you can stand. I have used the in game hints for the last few on each world, which is probably similar enough to cheating by looking up hints online.

My biggest fear is missing those last 2 or 3 purple coins. I've managed to find them all so far though. After the first few worlds, you start to realize how they designed the game and where you should be looking.

edit- screw volleyball. I think I must be missing some trick to it. Seems like you need the hat sometimes but its easy to have just a slightly off angle and miss.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 03 Nov 2017 at 04:28 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. So far I really like this game but I still have the same complaints I have about other 3D platformers. The platforming takes a back seat and a good chunk of the difficulty is aligning your character for precision movements.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    So far I really like this game but I still have the same complaints I have about other 3D platformers. The platforming takes a back seat and a good chunk of the difficulty is aligning your character for precision movements.
    Yeah, rather than try to solve the impossible problems of 3D perspective and platforming, they've just made the penalty for death really low and added a lot of variety. It does keep things fun. In terms of pure platforming, I think 3D World is always going to be better than the open 3D games.

5. I played this today. Holy fuck did they nail it. I forgot how much I enjoy the open exploration and unlocking aspects of the Mario 64 games.

I also get what you mean about the low death penalty changing the game dynamics for the better. I was being wreckless in the platform levels because of it and had way more fun.

6. 100% completion reached. Amazing, amazing game.

7. I'm at 90-ish moons so far. This may take a while.

8. At about 192 moons so far, and just completed the "beach stage." Unfortunately, that was my least favorite stage of the game. It reminded me a lot of Mario Sunshine, in terms of play mechanics/theme/and level layout, and the music was very uninspired/nonexistent.

Everything else about the game has been superb though. I guess everyone will have their favorite and least favorite levels.

9. I caved bought a Switch just for this game. I’ll go back and try BotW too though.

I am focusing largely on the sand stage right now. I have about 2/3rds of the stars I think.

10. I'm currently hanging with Leonardo DeCAPrio and Tilda Swinton too.
    My least favorite levels so far are Woodland and Metro. While I LOVE the verticality of Metro, the clash of art styles bugs the crap out of me.
    In other news, ever since watching that Saturn video about half transparent and mesh, the fact that this game uses a whole lot of meshes (basically whenever something is between Mario and the camera) bugs me too. I only play in tablet mode. Is it the same docked?