Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

My just got this. So excite!

Is the platforming still pretty prominent? Or did they lessen it? I didn't see a huge focus on it in trailers/previews.
    I took all your French Toast.

2. I'd say that so far (I'm only 2 levels in) that platforming doesn't matter too much if you're just doing enough to get through a level. But if you want to collect everything it gets pretty challenging.

3. Also, it will be interesting to see what sort of special "Grandmaster" style end level the game might have.

4. Collected 52 moons in Tostarena before I found all 100 purple coins and decided to move on. Chose to go to Woodland over Lakeland at the fork.

5. The Lake Kingdom looked too good to not pick first, and it's great. I'm now entering the Wooded Kingdom, currently with 82 moons.
    Last edited by Geo; 27 Oct 2017 at 07:42 PM.

6. I'm not liking Woodland too much. There's a part of the level that's stupid dark, and it makes traversal obnoxious because I'm always checking the map- worried I've turned myself around. A worry that is usually proven true.

7. I tried a Wario Amiibo (one of two amiibo I own) and I got a Wario costume. GOTY confirmed.

I'm cutting myself off now. Just finished Lakeside, moving on to Wooded. I don't want to burn through this in a weekend, and I have games to play at home.

8. SSJN loves this game more than I’ve loved anything. I’m going to have to try this thing now.

9. I have a funny history with Mario. The only ones I’ve ever really liked were 1, World, 3D World, and now this one.
    I’ve found 46 moons in woodland and 98 purple coins. I need to find those last two coins before I can move on in good conscience.
    My favorite moon trial in this level I had to use the long jump I’d just seen someone post on twitter to reach. I kept staring at the gap saying no, there’s no way. Then I saw how to do the quintet jump and was all OHHH!
    There’s always a way!

10. The more recent Marios are probably my favorites, actually. I hated Sunshine so much I actually returned it. I also didn't like 64 very much at the time, though I've warmed to it a lot over the years. I think 3D World is more like what I wanted a 3D Mario to be when 64 came out.

Which makes Odyssey a weird one for me, because I don't have a sentimental attachment to going "back" to Mario 64 style. But Odyssey is really proving to be its own thing, leaning into the exploration aspect in ways 64 never really did.