Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

1. Clever reversible cover...

2. That's awesome, I'll be reversing that instantly.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    The Smash Bros. stuff of having the amiibo fight or whatever is still a type of locked content. That was minor but the reason these things aren't just figurines is so you can access stuff in games you wouldn't be able to otherwise. It was obvious from the beginning that Nintendo could lock stuff behind them if they wanted to.
    They can lock costumes and stuff like that behind them all they want. I don't even consider that content. It's like DLC in well made games like Rocket League, where it doesn't impact gameplay at all. The problem isn't that they can lock stuff behind them; it's what they did lock behind them in this case.

4. Shovel Knight is still the only Amiibo I've actually used. I really liked being able to level up one character and play with him on the 3DS or Wii U version of the game.

This did not even get a Recommended from Eurogamer. This part was especially pointed:

MercurySteam now has the distinction of being the one developer to have worked on both Metroid and Castlevania on the 3DS and fallen wide of the mark on both.
    I'm sure it'll do fine on Metacritic, because the Nintendo logo gets it +10/100 on too many sites.

6. I don't have a 3DS but is anybody checking this out?

I don't love the art style. I played a little AM2R and I feel like that was cooler than this... but I haven't looked very closely at this.

7. Jeremy Parish didn't love it.

From a Metroidvaniac like him, that's faint praise indeed.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Hate to say it, but this looks like ass.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

9. Finch loves it. That's all I need to know.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Metroidvaniac
    Please no