Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1012131415 LastLast

Thread: Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

1. Started this yesterday, I'm liking it a lot so far. I appreciate that they didn't feel the need to make a tutorial or ping waypoints on the map. I was surprised at first. I have Metroid 2 on my 3ds and have meant to play through it again for a while now, but never got around to it. I'll probably try to do that after beating this to compare. It's been forever since I played the original. Then maybe I'll finally play AM2R.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

Just took down a Zetta Metroid. I'm loving the game so far and am also finding it hard to put down.

It's kind of funny how many slime walls they need to put down to keep the spider ball from being too OP. Also how many fucking things can grow over doors?

3. I like how they kind of took a cue from the newer Zelda games, and they give you a bunch of the power-ups you need right off the bat.

4. That doesn't happen at all? It's the exact same that the game and series has always been. The game just moves along quickly.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. It follows the original Metroid 2 item acquiremement pretty closely.
    Donk

6. There is a boss towards the end.......I would like to meet the people who designed it, and punch them in the dick as hard as I can.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I know exactly the one you speak of, and yes. Especially the very last bit of how you actually beat it. Whoever thought that was a good idea deserves a fucking lobotomy.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    That doesn't happen at all? It's the exact same that the game and series has always been. The game just moves along quickly.
    Either it's my mistake, or I just made a poor analogy. It just felt like I was getting a ton of power ups really quickly. I had over 50 missile without even breaking a sweat, and it felt like I got the ice beam and spider ball quicker than usual. That's just my opinion though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I know exactly the one you speak of, and yes. Especially the very last bit of how you actually beat it. Whoever thought that was a good idea deserves a fucking lobotomy.
    So far for me it's the only mark on the game. While some of the other bosses or metroid forms have been challenging, that boss fight just was not fun.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    So far for me it's the only mark on the game. While some of the other bosses or metroid forms have been challenging, that boss fight just was not fun.
    I was ok with it until that very last bit. It was challenging but fun to figure out each phase. Then I got to the very end trying to figure out how to destroy that last part and when I did all I could say was "oh fuck you, who the fuck thought that would be any fun"

And you know what, it would be easy to make not fucking annoying, just take away the electric surges and only have you deal with the rotation and timing. DONE.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.