Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

1. The 3DS was a mistake. Really didn't mean to derail the thread at the beginning though.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 14 Jun 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The Switch has been out for FOURTEEN WEEKS now. Throw that platform that 65 million people own in the trash already.
    First of all, nowhere near 65 million people own a 3DS. That number is hugely inflated by people that bought multiple revisions and/or multiple collector's editions. I will acknowledge that the user base is large. It is, however, smaller than the DS, so maybe they should waste some more resources on that? At least Nintendo doesn't have any actual talent working on 3DS anymore. Atlus has a few translations that were already released in Japan, which makes sense. The platform is dead. I'm going to just rationalize that Metroid is on it because the map works well with the second screen, even if nothing else does, and stop dicking up this thread.

3. I had 4 or 5 PS2s too and I'd buy another one if they weren't so damn expensive now. The only system that i only owned one of since Wii U was GameCube. Maybe if it broke more or had a slim model they would've sold twice as much.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    The Switch has like the strongest year one of any system ever lined up
    Slow down there, slugger.

5. Yep, that's completely untrue.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    First of all, nowhere near 65 million people own a 3DS. That number is hugely inflated by people that bought multiple revisions and/or multiple collector's editions.
    Classic. Parents are stuffing their kids' stockings with Persona LE consoles every year? This is Lucille Bluth perspective. There are like 100 nerds buying multiple CEs.

And if people do like the system so much that they're buying multiple revisions, don't you think they want to play some games on it?

It is, however, smaller than the DS, so maybe they should waste some more resources on that?
    They're slapping together an already-designed game using already-built assets. Assets built for this system. This isn't exactly sapping top talent and resources. There's a reason the game is being released four months after it was announced.

The platform is dead.
    It's a dead system for which first party and high profile games are still being released and of which we just saw a new hardware revision, sure.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 14 Jun 2017 at 12:38 PM.

7. Hopefully the 3DS will get as much support as the "dead" Vita does.

8. Come on Yoshi this isn't hard to understand. Switch sits in a completely different market from 3DS and the 3DS series hits all price points for the kids. 2DS can be had for $80 now, plus they play the old DS games, too. The Switch is handheld but it is far from portable.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)

Nintendo is obviously moving towards the Switch. See Kirby and Yoshi. Metroid has probably been in the works for a while and M&L is not some high profile project. The new Pokémon on 3DS makes a ton of sense but they're also working on a Switch game. We're not talking about top tier stuff, it's Nintendo actually trying to take care of a large base of customers.