View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

1. It's that awkward moment where the huddled masses await salvation from the terrible tension.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    See this post here? That's when I was done with the conversation. You responded to it and I kept my mouth shut because I said what I wanted to say. Then, I made a comment, in jest, concerning Roletroll because why wouldnt I. You could have easily ignored it and that would have been the end of it. But no, you responded in turn. And that's fine, but you don't get to act like you don't take it seriously and call me out for talking about something four times when you keep it going as well. That's another crappy internet tactic. "I'm going to keep the conversation rolling yet portray you as being the one with the problem if you do the same."

I will gladly admit this is a stupid argument to be having, and again I've said all I wanted to and am done. Until goaded into it again.
    I should just keep quiet and let you do the goading? Lol

I will end it here, knowing that you are silently in the wings, watching my posts and awaiting each new one with bated breath.
    Last edited by Melf; 19 Jun 2017 at 02:47 PM.

3. Bated breath, not baited breath. Heh.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. I'm done

No I'm done

You ain't done

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Bated breath, not baited breath. Heh.
    If I'm not mistaken, he's an English professor, so he must have been implying that SSJN eats worms.

So much drama in the TNL

7. The The Next Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. So Virtual Boy in fact had the best first year

9. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Bated breath, not baited breath. Heh.
    I hereby acknowledge and edit my typo now, so everyone can see it.

10. It's hard to know since most of the Switch titles haven't been released. However, if we're just going based on hype...

SNES first. By far. It's not even a close comparison. After that is the Switch. The most solid first year of any console since the SNES. PS2 had a handful of heavy hitters, for sure, but there's also a lot of garbage in there.

Dreamcast doesn't count, since it was purposefully delayed here so long. All I remember from the first year (bought import) is Soul Calibur, Sega Rally 2, Power Stone, Sonic Adventure, and Chu Chu Rocket.