View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

1. The WiiU was great, but I wouldn't try to argue that it had a strong year one either.or year two, or three... Honestly this is neoGAF levels of fanboyism. You can like the Switch yet still admit it's year one lineup is shit. If someone as hardheaded as Yoshi can do it I'm sure you can as well.

Or are you still trying to convince yourself you didn't waste $300?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    If someone as hardheaded as Yoshi can do it I'm sure you can as well.
    Et tu, Brute?

3. Don't pretend that you don't know your own flaws
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I don't think the Switch should be included in the consideration. It hasn't been a year. Simple as that.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You just rattled off two ports, a sequel, and two quasi-sequels of Wii U games on your seven-game Switch list, but buying a Wii U would be fooling you?
    The Switch has more games I'm interested in within the first 8 months than Wii U did for its lifespan. Even if I subscribed to the notion of the Wii U being an underappreciated gem, it's dead and its library won't even be half of the Switch by the time all is said and done, imo.

6. The WiiU is possibly the dorkiest system ever, but there are some good gamesofts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    its library won't even be half of the Switch by the time all is said and done, imo.
    Yeah I wouldn't be so sure about that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I don't think the Switch should be included in the consideration. It hasn't been a year. Simple as that.
    Switch is what made this discussion as Space Pirate claimed that it has the strongest year one of any system ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    The Switch has more games I'm interested in within the first 8 months than Wii U did for its lifespan.
    And I'm going to continue to call bullshit on that, because nearly every game you mentioned is available on Wii U itself, or one or more games from the same series is. Are you interested in Splatoon 2 but not 1? Fire Emblem Musou but not Zelda? Mario Odyssey but not 3D World? Xenoblade 2 but not X?

Even if I subscribed to the notion of the Wii U being an underappreciated gem, it's dead and its library won't even be half of the Switch by the time all is said and done, imo.
    I hope that comes to fruition.

These last few pages are full of lulz