View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

1. I'm still salty that people bought PS2 because it played DVDs instead of a DC with it's killer library.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I could double or triple this list with some SpoPadding.
    This is the second time this has been referenced today, so I think a curtain call is warranted:

3. DC's first year in the US was legendary. But it was also almost a year after the Japanese release, which was a lot less impressive.

4. This is going to vary wildly from person to person based on personal tastes I would imagine. I will say based on the announced games the Switch has a pretty solid first year. Obviously if you're not into games like Arms, Splatoon, or that Rabbids crossover its probably not as good of a year to you. I do think though it has a pretty solid list of exclusives, compared to some other modern systems, whose library in the first year was mostly multiplats.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Dreamcast is the only system I bought at launch with good reason. Soul freakin' Calibur. Playing that game a shit ton in arcades with friends was great, but when I brought the DC and SC home all turbo'd up, it was madness! Still one of my best gaming memories.

6. Switch has like 6 good games total for its first year and 3 of them are just ports of games from the previous generation.

You honestly have to have a head injury to think that is a good first year.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Switch has like 6 good games total for its first year and 3 of them are just ports of games from the previous generation.

You honestly have to have a head injury to think that is a good first year.
    Zelda (don't give a fuck if it was also on Wii U), MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odysessy, Mario + Rabbids, and Xenoblade 2 make for a pretty damn good first year. Outside of Zelda and MK8 all the rest are exclusives.
    Last edited by Shin Johnpv; 14 Jun 2017 at 04:22 PM.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I definitely think it's a good first year, but it's not historically good like the SNES, DC, and PS2.

9. I'm not trying to say it's the best or anything but I do think its a good first year.
    Where I play

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Zelda (don't give a fuck if it was also on Wii U), MK8, Arms, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odysessy, Mario + Rabbids, and Xenoblade 2 make for a pretty damn good first year. Outside of Zelda and MK8 all the rest are exclusives.
    Ok, 7 games and two of those are Wii U ports. Hell the Gamecube did better than that in its first year. I'm pretty sure that the only system to have a worse first year than the Switch is the Wii U (not counting crap like the 3do and Jaguar and such that were never a main system in a generation)
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.