View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

1. NeoGeo had in it's first year; Blue's Journey (Raguy), King of the Monsters, Magician Lord, NAM-1975, Ninja Combat, Sengoku (Sengoku Denshō), The Super Spy, Top Player's Golf ,Crossed Swords, Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, Last Resort, Ninja Commando, and King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing.
    SNES beats that, but it's still pretty good.

It's a shame the Neo didn't maintain that level of diversity. Imagine the library if that were maintained for its decade-plus lifetime.

3. The thing I remember most about the DC was Capcom going all in for it. It felt like they put out a new game once a month and they were all amazing. That Capcom is long gone.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    NeoGeo had in it's first year; Blue's Journey (Raguy), King of the Monsters, Magician Lord, NAM-1975, Ninja Combat, Sengoku (Sengoku Denshō), The Super Spy, Top Player's Golf ,Crossed Swords, Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, Last Resort, Ninja Commando, and King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing.
    SNES beats that, but it's still pretty good.
    NG definitely started out very strong, it is amazing they pumped out so many games themselves in such a short amount of time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Ok, the SNES first year was insane and is probably the winner. Just listing the great games:
    Super Mario World, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Sim City, U.N. Squadron, Actraiser, FF2, Super GnG, Super Castlevania IV, Earth Defense Force, Contra 3, Link to the Past, Super Star Wars, Street Fighter 2, TMNT Turtles in Time.
    That is indeed an awesome first year. The Genesis had a pretty solid one too, though: Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Golden Axe, Forgotten Worlds, Revenge of Shinobi, Phantasy Star II, Truxton, Thunder Force III, Moonwalker, Herzog Zwei, Ghostbusters, Columns, Super Monaco GP, Target Earth.

The SNES games had to be that good, since the Genesis was already in its 3rd year. That was a horrible time to not have a job, lol.

Are you sure TFIII was that early? II and III were both within a year?

7. A year to the month, actually. TF II was June '89, and TF was June '90.

Wait. Didn't the Genesis itself come out in August?

9. Oh, we're only doing U.S. releases? I thought it was dates in general. I played a lot of imports back in the day (no converter needed for early Genesis titles!), so I assumed they all counted.

Yeah, otherwise it becomes confusing as hell, because people are going to take the Japanese hardware date and then the US year one end date and turn it into two years in some cases.