View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

1. Late port or no, I can't get down with anyone who handwaves the concept of Rocket League on a handheld as being no big deal.

As to the subject of the thread, yeah, it's SNES.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    1) It was the fifth sentence in the OP. It's not like someone brought it up halfway through the thread.
    2) I'll never understand people that don't use 50 post pages.
    3) OHMAHGERD I FUCKED UP BUT INSTEAD OF GRACIOUSLY ACKNOWLEDGING IT AND MOVING ON I'M GOING TO GET ALL DEFENSIVE. I've no desire to sue you.
    Seriously, who gives a shit? I explained the mistake and that was it. You're the one who got a puckered butthole over it.

Also, is it locked in that all none of those games for Switch could be delayed?

3. I'm not convinced that Xenoblade is actually going to make this year.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Went with SNES since I literally rented and beat every decent title that first year. Love the DC but a number of games fell just outside the cutoff.

5. Wasn't PS2 initially little more than a DVD player? It later had an amazing library but at first?
    No gnus is good gnus.

You probably shouldn't read the first post for a link to the list.

7. That list includes GTA3 as a launch year title. PS2 launched March 2000. That came out a year and a half after launch in October 2001, Burnout in November 2001. I haven't looked up the other games but I remember PS2 have a very weak "launch window" lineup. Dreamcast had a strong launch lineup.

I'm probably biased but I remember the SNES launch, drooling over gaming mags with pictures of Super Famicom games. The slowdown was annoying but so many great games.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 17 Jun 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

The system launched on October 26, 2000, GTA III on October 22, 2001.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You probably shouldn't read the first post for a link to the list.
    It's been established that reading the OP is for people with too much time on their hands.

I got my PS2 hand delivered by the VP of Sony USA in a brown bag pre release and all I had on it was ssx and fantavision. I got it in early September, about 2 months before launch. It was a tip for my dad for being the wedding planner for the guy's daughter.

It seemed like all I did was watch DVD's on that thing for ages. All the launch games were kinda meh. I got Evergrace, Summoner, AC2, and Eternal Ring and they were all like ehhhhh. I never owned TimeSplitters but I played it on gamecube with a friend.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.