View Poll Results: Which had the strongest year one lineup?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System

13 39.39%
  • Sega Dreamcast

15 45.45%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

3 9.09%
  • I'm wrong and/or a fence riding pussy.

2 6.06%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1012131415 LastLast

Thread: Best Year One System Lineup

This thread is TNL at its finest... for better or worse.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    And I'm going to continue to call bullshit on that, because nearly every game you mentioned is available on Wii U itself, or one or more games from the same series is. Are you interested in Splatoon 2 but not 1? Fire Emblem Musou but not Zelda? Mario Odyssey but not 3D World? Xenoblade 2 but not X?

I hope that comes to fruition.
    The Wii U games I was interested in: Pikmin 3, 3D World, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon.

Announced Switch games I have or am interested in: Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Disgaea 5, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom, Fire Emblem (mainline, not Warriors), Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei.

It's not that Wii U didn't have some interesting games or that everything I'm interested in on Switch is exclusive. It's that I wasn't going to buy a Wii U for the inferior version of Zelda. Switch already has a more interesting announced lineup to me. TNL is the only place I've seen that seems to love the Wii U.

4. So Xenoblade 2 is a want but not Xenoblade X? And fire emblem and SMT are wants but not SMTxFE.

And fuck you, the Wii U also has DKC Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Yarn Kirby and Yoshi, and Paper Mario along with the best versions of both GC Zeldas and a version of BotW which is virtually indistinguishable from the Switch one.

Oh and don't forget having an actual virtual console and playing all Wii games.

Pretending the Switch is better than the WiiU right now is complete horseshit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Wii U BotW being "inferior" is a load of horse pucky. It's no worse than docked Switch BotW.
    If you say only those four games interested you, I can't say your lying. But from what you've liked in the past, I think you'd dig a lot of what bbobb posted.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    So Xenoblade 2 is a want but not Xenoblade X? And fire emblem and SMT are wants but not SMTxFE.
    Thought I had typed XCX, but you're right. Left it off by accident. I have no interest in SMTxFE.

And fuck you, the Wii U also has DKC Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad, Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Yarn Kirby and Yoshi, and Paper Mario along with the best versions of both GC Zeldas and a version of BotW which is virtually indistinguishable from the Switch one.
    The Zelda remakes were somewhat of a draw, but I wasn't going to buy a system for games I already played. Not interested in anything else on the list.

Pretending the Switch is better than the WiiU right now is complete horseshit.
    Right now? No. After one year? Looks like it's heading in that direction.

7. Listen

Nothing is better than the Wii U, you wash your fucking mouth out with soap if you say that
    Donk

8. Games are instantly better when you can take it to the toilet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This thread is TNL at its finest... for better or worse.
    Amen, amen AND........... AMEN! Can I get a hallelujah!

No way in hell can BotW be dismissed as a port. (I think by buying the WiiU, he meant buying the WiiU version of BotW. BWTFDIK amirite? lulz)
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 20 Jun 2017 at 05:24 PM.
    No gnus is good gnus.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Wii U BotW being "inferior" is a load of horse pucky. It's no worse than docked Switch BotW.
    When docked, the Switch resolution is much better. Regardless, kingoffighters is right. Also I played on an international trip a couple months ago, which would've been impossible with the Wii U version.

If you say only those four games interested you, I can't say your lying. But from what you've liked in the past, I think you'd dig a lot of what bbobb posted.
    Wouldn't be any more surprising than learning someone knows or cares about what I play lol.