Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: PDX ECLIPSE PARTY 2K17

1. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I'm in Corvallis now, I'd be down. Didn't even realize this was a thing until all the shops started having the glasses.
    You guys are gonna have the best view you can possibly get - you just have to walk outside and look up! I wanted originally to stay in Corvallis the day of the eclipse, but everything was totally booked and air bnb was like, $2000 a night.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. OK! so, we're leaving for Eugene tomorrow, and will be headed up to PDX on sunday. Going to get the feel for how crowded the roads will be this weekend, etc. I'll have interwebs obviously so I'll be in touch.

3. Apparently the roads are already ugly? Not good. Send me a message on fb messenger when you get into PDX on Sunday and I'll come meet up with you and we can do some deliberation.

Also I have some spare glasses if you haven't gotten any yet.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Okay, as per your suggestion, we just picked up a cooler, some basic foodstuff, some water, and an extra gas can. We also have the glasses, thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    OK! so, we're leaving for Eugene tomorrow, and will be headed up to PDX on sunday. Going to get the feel for how crowded the roads will be this weekend, etc. I'll have interwebs obviously so I'll be in touch.
    I have a friend that lives up near Eugene. He was saying the other day that the local government has warned the locals that it's about to get really ugly there as they expect a million people coming into the state (which only has a population of 4 mil.)

Bring food.

6. Also pistols and pillow cases.

7. And don't forget your towel.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

And contraceptives!

9. Covered, it's inside the body !

Just got to Eugene, it was totally a breeze, not a lick of traffic. I know it's gonna get worse, I'm curious to see how it is tomorrow.

10. I saw the eclipse of 1979. I was @11 years old.

I wonder how much of the sun will be eclipsed above Texas?