Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: PDX ECLIPSE PARTY 2K17

1. I didn't see jack shit!

2. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    The excitement for this thing is mind boggling. Wtf.
    Science!

3. If you saw the corona in totality, you'd get the hype.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Okay that was totally the earliest that any human being has ever seen me awake so apologies for that and the fact that I don't think I've brushed my hair in 3 days. But besides that, it was a really once-in-a-lifetime sorta thing. To see the whole sun get eaten by the moon is really a strange sight, and the sheer oddness of it growing completely dark in a matter of one minute is honestly kind of blowing my mind still? Like i think if you see it in complete totality, it's worth it. There's not a lot of words that can describe it, even seeing a video of it just doesn't really capture the strangeness of the event. It can approximate it but it is a full sensory experience in person.

I definitely remarked that when it grew dark, it felt exactly like a migraine coming on with no headache following it. Our perception of the world around us is flimsy at best, and even a basic thing like light changing has an enormous physical effect. Very odd.

Anyway, you guys have been amazing. Thank you Icarus (and justi!!) for meeting up. Your mom is super cool and I'm really happy she got to see this bc it meant so much to her!!!!!

Bbobb is the world's best portland tour man. He has been a total sweetheart and taken us to some great stuff so far. I really only know how to shop in sketchy areas of town so to see stuff that is actually noteworthy is great! With a proper tour guide, I can see why people like this place so much. I've warmed up to it a bit.

I'm still half asleep after a nap but I'm gonna attempt to make myself human like and alive guhhh 4am takes its toll haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Yea here in New York it was just a shitty meme.

6. I love the Great Northwest. It's my favorite part of the country. I've heard that housing there has gotten really expensive though.

I had to drive to Abilene to do an hour of work. The sky was clear, but it looked sort of like how a slightly cloudy day looks. I tried taking a picture of the sun and even filming it, but all I saw was a full sun. I was told that it would be at 75% at 1:03pm and I stood outside from 1:00-1:30 and never got a glimpse of the sun being covered.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Aug 2017 at 07:43 PM.

7. That really was an amazing experience, the totality is so different from a partial that it's nuts.

And getting to hang with sats/hubby and icarus and fam was great, though getting up at 4:30 in the morning is far too early for my tastes.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I'm available for dinner. However, my phone died today and I'll be nearly impossible to get a hold of.
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

9. It only covered about half the Sun here in Vermont, but it was still cool to see daylight in the early afternoon at sunset levels of light output.

10. THANK YOU FOR COMING OUT M!!!! It was a blast to see you again. You're missing out on this epic ice cream line lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread