Thread: GameStop play pass: $60 for 6 months of rentals, keep final game

GameStop play pass: $60 for 6 months of rentals, keep final game

Hmm, this is somewhat interesting. I wouldn't do it myself at this time in my life, but could be cool for others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I took all your French Toast.

2. GS is going down the drain really quickly. Renting preown games only isn't that great as new releases aren't readily available and sabotage their own preown sales.

3. Blockbuster did this for many years. When I worked there as a kid, it was something like $20-30 a month for unlimited games, and they always moved old rental stock to pre-owned sales as popularity died down.

I can see some benefits for GameStop, depending on how much pre-owned stock they sell, and it gets foot traffic into their stores to sell other things. If you have a game purchase to make, why not do it at GameStop while you switch out your rental? But good luck to them for trying to do it for cheap at $10 a month and relying on trade-ins to fill the stock.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Seems like a good deal.

But if anyone here does it I'll be mad because we could just lend games to each other.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Seems like a good deal.

But if anyone here does it I'll be mad because we could just lend games to each other.
    This is a terrible idea. Gamestop is really reaching the bottom of the bucket trying to copy failed blockbuster ideas.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. We wouldnt have any of the neat things we do if people didnt copy other people’s failed ideas.

Seriously, someone had sex with your dad's otherwise none of you would be here.

8. Your dad's what?

dick