Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

I was not that big of a dkc fan at release or now.

2. As a kid I played through all 3 of the DKC games with my niece and nephew. They're alright, I just never clicked with the memorization style platformers. Where you need to play through a level a shit ton of times to know where ever little trap or what ever is. I always prefered the Mario style where if you're skilled enough you can get through a level the first or second time, and don't need to blow through a shit ton of lives memorizing it.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. What you're talking about never happens...? It's all reaction-based.

4. Yeah what John said makes no sense to me.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Yeah. I would say that the levels are longer and harder to memorize, but basically that's what you're doing when you get better. You know the rules more but it's still largely anticipation.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    What you're talking about never happens...? It's all reaction-based.
    Sorry I may be mixing up the newer DKC Returns (because I definitely felt that way about that one) though I remember the mine cart sections and some other spots in the original DKC games being like that. Maybe I'm just not remembering the games right. I haven't played through them in like 20+ years.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I wouldn't say that's true about DKC Returns either. Sure you can memorize them just like you could any game with preset levels and enemy placement ever made but with skilled reaction times you don't have to.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I think that is relatively true. It is a lot less forgiving than something like Sonic with the ring mechanic. And sonic had branching paths. DKC, and I'm saying this as someone that has only played 25% of dkc, seemed more linear and with fewer options.

on the other hand, dkc wasn't rtype or ghoules and ghost

10. It's less forgiving sure, but even the mine cart levels are absolutely possible to do on your first try if you have a fast enough reaction time. It's not as difficult as the Battletoads speeder bike levels or that fucking rat race level.