Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

There's some serious revisionist history going on in this thread. It was a 3D game working with a d-pad. It played about as well as it could. It and Resident Evil overcame the same obstacle to be two of the absolute best games of that generation.

2. The dpad was never the problem. It's the PoP-style control that made it clunky.

It made it precise as hell, which was otherwise very difficult with the d-pad.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It made it precise as hell, which was otherwise very difficult with the d-pad.
    It made it frustrating as hell. Even the shitty Bug! controlled better with a dpad. It's not like an 8 directional dpad isn't enough for a 3D world.

Landing on a small platform, tank turning around to walk to the back edge, tank turn around again so you can face the other platform to get a running jump and hope that your button press registers the jump before you fall off of the edge.

5. It controlled like ass

Tits and ass Tank.

PzTnA VI

7. lol.

I think i remember turning off the analog on my PSX controller and playing with the d-pad instead. the iPad only has the analog thing going. ehhh. The jump button registers 1/5 times.
    I'm playing it on the iPad bc i can take it upstairs and my PSX is boxed up somewhere. As to why I'm playing TR1, i have no idea. it seemed like the thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. The controls in TR was fine back in the day, but that was before analog pads and the development of better control scheme for 3D action games. It is just hard to go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There's some serious revisionist history going on in this thread. It was a 3D game working with a d-pad. It played about as well as it could. It and Resident Evil overcame the same obstacle to be two of the absolute best games of that generation.
    Revisionist my ass. I've been saying Tomb Raider and Resident Evil has sucked for years because of shit controls. RE4 was the first good RE.

10. Preach

THE most correct thing posted on TNL