Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Revisionist my ass. I've been saying Tomb Raider and Resident Evil has sucked for years because of shit controls. RE4 was the first good RE.
    There's something to be said for consistency, even if it's wrong.

edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the 3D d-pad game that truly has been overrated for 20 years: Metal Gear Solid. If Kojima had the talent of Mikami's pinky toe, maybe it'd deserve the praise Resident Evil does.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10 Jul 2017 at 07:15 PM.

2. I never liked Tomb Raider, but I always took RE controls at face value. Getting good at the <3 hour run pretty much means the controls are fine, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. RE4 has the same control scheme as the original.

4. Hot take: The collectable shit in 4 makes it a really lame repeat playthrough. That stuff is awful.

5. Well if we're being accurate here, it was Dead Space that brought survival horror controls to respectability. But still, RE4 controls PLUS camera made it the first really playable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There's something to be said for consistency, even if it's wrong.

edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the 3D d-pad game that truly has been overrated for 20 years: Metal Gear Solid. If Kojima had the talent of Mikami's pinky toe, maybe it'd deserve the praise Resident Evil does.

Sir, for besmirching the honourable name of Kojima-san I challenge you to a bout of fisticuffs.

7. MGS does its own thing but 2/3 are precise and sharp and the game can be played on every difficulty without falling apart. Nothing wrong with MGS' controls.

8. Still hammering away at Borderlands 2. I don't think I'll ever be able to solo Voracidous. It requires a skillset I don't possess.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Revisionist my ass. I've been saying Tomb Raider and Resident Evil has sucked for years because of shit controls. RE4 was the first good RE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Preach

THE most correct thing posted on TNL
    I think people like the idea of RE more than actually playing RE. Like, it was scary and zombies before those things were overdone. Now you'd probably be better off playing deadrising.

10. Dead Rising is terrible, that is a bad opinion.