Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

Maybe they should have put it on a laser disk.

2. Zombi 2 is way better, still ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Tokyo Xanadu (Vita) : Went to the Oasis arcade at Houraicho, and played the minigames. There's Magical Girl Alisa's Mishy Panic, where you move Alisa around the field to hit Evil King Michy and his minions with a mallot (just don't hit the innocent cats). Gate of Avalon is the Blade card game, but with a couple new power cards added. Blast will discard one card from your opponent's hand, while Force will double your hand's value. Good, unless of course your opponent throws down a Mirror on the next turn. Then there's the Explosive Fishing game with Demon Prince Rean, which is just like Trails of Cold Steel's fishing. This one involves some luck, and you can catch fish that are actually worth fewer medals than you paid to play. Doing well on these games will gain more medals that can be used to buy prizes. It costs more medals to play these games on the harder difficulties.

Morimiya Memorial Park has a skateboard arena in it as well- hit the flags, perform jumps at the marked spots, and finish before the time limit to win a prize.

Tomb Raider had amazing exploration in 3D for its time. The controls are fine since everything is set up on a precise grid. I just played through it on Saturn and it's still great.

Dead Rising (PC) - I'm really early, so I'm not sure yet how well this holds up after all this time. I really liked it when it first came out on 360, and it's unique enough that I think I might be able to rekindle those feelings.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - I broke the 80 shrine and 100 Korok plateaus, the latter thanks to the DLC mask. I still haven't looked at a map, but I suspect I'm going to reach a point where I just can't find the last few shrines pretty soon. I also finished the last Divine Beast, so I am ready for Ganon story-wise but not OCD-wise. The only thing making me want to wrap it up sooner-than-later is that I told myself I wouldn't start Blaster Master until I finished this.

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate (Wii U) - After the mess described in the haul thread to get two copies of this for my daughter and I to play, she seems less than interested. I think it's because of how opaque this series is. I think I remember 4 being a better place to start for relative noobs, but unfortunately I'm not playing without a second analog, and I don't have a New 3DS or a Circle Pad Pro XL. I will say that 3 Ultimate is better than United, which was the last (only?) one I had previously played on both PSP and iOS. I doubt I'll stick with it too long if I can't get my daughter interested though.

Rocket League (PC) - Psyonix added more achievements, so I am back again. This has to be the best value of any game I've ever bought. I'm at about 200 hours according to Steam, and I think I paid $7 or something ridiculous. I've bought some keys to unlock crates just because I feel like the developers were underpaid for what they have given me.

6. I got Rocket League for free and have played it like 15 minutes.

7. I probably played an hour, but I watched a shitload of matches on Twitch. It's a great spectator game.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Playing Titanfall 2 single player, finally. My god is this game rad. The guns pack a punch and the movement is so nice.

9. It really is good. Short and sweet. Great for another run through on a higher difficulty.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Chime Sharp. So relaxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!