Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. It doesn't look so bad but it sounds awful. The foreground sample in the SMB1 underground levels sounds like someone sitting Indian style in the center of an empty above-ground pool snapping a rubber band between their index finger and thumb.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Oh man, I really wanted to like that game, but the limbs are stubby and the characters don't mobile or powerful to me. Also the economy is some postwar, wheelbarrow full of coins for a loaf of bread stuff. It asks you to spend several rounds worth of money just to start with an item, which isn't much of an advantage as the first waves are easy and will probably drop whatever item you need before the level gets tough. Maybe it gets more efficient later, but from what I played, it seemed like they didn't know what to do with currency.

It's a pleasure to look at, though; no doubt about that.
    That is my experience as well, but will try again with YDog's strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    until the wedding
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gameover_art_saph.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	80564

4. Been on a GTAV kick lately with my crew since the current Featured Adversary mode is Overtime Rumble, which is basically darts with cars (using the Knight Rider car which can jump and has a parachute). There is a fun mix of going for the high score targets and hanging back to take out the other team after they land. The first time I played a round I was unimpressed, but by the time the first game ended I was hooked. It's been the double cash and RP mode for a while now and I think they actually extended the time, which has been great because it's easily the quickest I've ever made money in this game. Which is doubly nice because there is a shit ton of expensive stuff to buy. I was able to go from 250k in the bank to buying a bunker for 1.6 million in a weekend, now saving up for the crazy looking Mobile Command Unit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    That is my experience as well, but will try again with YDog's strategy.
    Oh, also! Don't worry about buying things at the shop to fight with, drops happen on their own at a fair tilt. Use the shop to get pieces for crafting when you need them, the end game is completing the grimore entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gameover_art_saph.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	80564
    Yeah, I'm gonna need that on a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    You aren't good at sarcasm, Mzo. That was believable.
    I should've quoted bbobb from a fee posts up asking me why I'm playing the original Yakuza when the remake is on the way. That would've made it clearer. No remake replaces the original in my mind, though many are definitely worth playing.

8. You made me think hard on this one. At first I was inclined to agree. But then I thought of these:
    Shining Force Resurrection of Dark Dragon
    REmake
    Odinsphere Leifthrasir
    PSP Final Fantasy IV
    Tomb Raider Anniversary

I'll never go back to the originals of these.

9. Yep and considering how jank the original Yakuza was I'm pretty sure this remake will be the only version worth playing.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I still really like the original RE, even the jank is just part of the thing now. I happened on GC REmake just this year, I think the ways they tried to 'cool it up' in the opening minutes are dorky as fuck. Losing the footage intro was a poor, poor choice made in bad faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!