Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Don't care.
    It looks 1000x better and plays 1000000000000x better.
    Miss the footage? Youtube exists.

2. Your call! I'm not as impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Hooked up the SNES for the first time in a while, got sucked into Actraiser.

Hey dudes releasing videogame soundtracks on vinyl, 👏 get 👏 on 👏 this 👏 shit.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 22 Jul 2017 at 08:52 PM.

I just played through Actraiser twice. So excellent.

5. That was one of my childhood favourites. I like the fan translation of the japanese version these days.

Yeah, that's why I played it twice. I ran through both versions. The US one actually does have some improvements over the Japanese one, but they killed the difficulty unfortunately.

7. I went on a bit of a retro kick today, mostly checking out some additional games with the HDRetrovision cables for the Saturn and Genesis, along with a recently discovered ROM of the Strike series on the Sega CD.

Saturn

Manx TT Superbike: Everything looked nice and crisp, but the motorbike had the meshed look for the windows and its shadow. I still hate the rubber band AI of this game.

Daytona CCE: The cars and track look pretty good, but the shadows have that horrible mesh look to them. It drives okay with the 3D controller, but it would have been nice to be able to adjust the steering sensitivity.

Street Fighter Collection: I played a little bit of Super Street Fighter with Ryu and Blanka. The game looked stunning with component cables, though the screen kind of gets slightly cut off on the left edge. I may have to go into the service mode of my HD CRT to make some adjustments to the screen.

Darius Gaiden: This game looks absolutely phenomenal with component video on an HD CRT. The colors just blend so well and there is one stage where the colors go into a frenzy as the boss comes out of the ground below you. A must play with RGB or Component video.

Genesis

Lightening Force: The parallax scrolling in this one just pops out of the screen with component. I got my ass handed to me, since I hadn't played this in quite some time, but I'm going to blame me being awestruck by the improved graphics.

SNES

It's been awhile since I fired up the old SNES. I wanted to see how its video quality(S-Video) held up to the the Genesis with component. I have to say I was quite surprised by how good it looked. I've had the old Super UFO Pro 8 sitting around, so I decided to dabble in a few games just for kicks.

Captain America and the Avengers: Okay, this game sucks! Iron Man had a couple of shitty moves and his thrust jump was pretty lame. I turned this off after about 10 minutes.

Dracula X: The game looks and sounds great. I only goofed around with the 1st area and killed my character by jumping into the quicksand while running from that mutant ram beast. I tried striking at him, but I don't know if that is the best way to deal with that situation. I'm going to return to this one soon.

Super Darius: This feels a little different than some of the other games I've played in the series. I didn't like that fact that I had a bunch of small ships coming at me from both sides and not having the ability to switch weapons like I can in a game like Lightening Force. The game, at least, didn't have a ton of slowdown like many other shooters on the console have.

D-Force: Talk about the most generic shooter on the console. The enemies seem to just stop in front of you for target practice, and once more than 5 or 6 of them are on the screen, the game turns into a slowdown fest. Skip this game, it's nothing more than a mode 7 demo with a ton of slowdown and very little substance.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM.

Gamevet, you can adjust sensitivity somewhat by changing the handling between Quick/Normal/Slow in Daytona. If you're playing the US version though it's still not quite right. I actually prefer playing the Japanese version (it controls a bit better, it was released later) and setting the handling to "Quick" and using a digital pad. It controls pretty well that way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Gamevet, you can adjust sensitivity somewhat by changing the handling between Quick/Normal/Slow in Daytona. If you're playing the US version though it's still not quite right. I actually prefer playing the Japanese version (it controls a bit better, it was released later) and setting the handling to "Quick" and using a digital pad. It controls pretty well that way.
    I have the Murican version. I might actually be better at it with a dpad, because that is how I originally played it and the 1st Daytona.

10. Is Manx TT Supervike good on Saturn?