Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Played some Prey and Nex Machina this weekend. Two of the best games of 2017.

My Prey playthrough is almost the opposite of Yoshi's: max Typhon powers, baby.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. ManX is B tier Arcade to Saturn material. I played the heck out of it at the time, but it never seemed to be as well done as Sega Rally or VF2.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Is Manx TT Supervike good on Saturn?
    I can't play that game, it is pretty difficult (similar to Touring Cars)

Saturday night on a whim I played through all of the first loop of Super Mario Bros (All Stars version) in one sitting without using warps. I haven't done that since I was a kid. It takes a lot less time than I remember, I think it may have been an hour?

Yeah, if you can do it without dying a lot, it isn't super long.

6. 32 levels, 1 to 5 minutes a level, sounds like a thing to do under 2 hr

Someone try to beat my Challenge 1 Nex Machina score

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Yeah, if you can do it without dying a lot, it isn't super long.
    Yeah, and I was just running through the levels, I wasn't worried about secrets or coins or anything.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Is Manx TT Supervike good on Saturn?
    It's pretty cool, but the rubberband AI will make it impossible for you to put some distance between the competition.

The graphics are cool and the game rarely has slowdown. The is a little bit of pop up on one of the long corners, but you won't see much more of it on the rest of the tracks.

I always wondered about that game as I never hear anyone ever talking about it.

10. Ultimate Doom whet my appetite for classic FPS and Bundlestars had a Quake 1-3 + expansions pack for $6 yesterday. This is another series I completely missed out on.

I spent about two hours monkeying around with Quake 1 mods, settings, and finding and stuffing the OST back into it and two more hours playing the game. I think I had just as good a time with one as the other.

Quake 1 is a really good videogame. That the shotgun and not a pistol is your default pea-shooter weapon says everything about it for better or worse.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 25 Jul 2017 at 04:06 PM.