Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. I ran into problems with the expansions, but I've owned at least three different versions of Quake.
    The Saturn port was my first, but I wouldn't play it today.

Fuck the haters, Super R-Type is rad. And hard.

3. I don't hate it. It's tough though.

4. I was just playing the Saturn version the other day. I don't like fps, but I like games that do things that people said couldnt be done.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I don't hate it. It's tough though.
    I set it to Novice for practice, it was pretty easy. I figured, I'm better at shooters now than I used to be, maybe this isn't really as hard as I remember. Next time I loaded it at default difficulty and got my ass kicked in stage 3.

6. I set Lightning Force to easy the other day and still got my arse kicked. I didn't notice much of a difference.

Gradius III is the one that pisses me off. I could tear through that game with one fully powered up ship up until the stupid level 7 tunnels that come zipping at you, and at some point your ship barely fits, so you end crashing into a wall.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Jul 2017 at 08:42 PM.

That's every Gradius though.

8. Yeah, but it's usually slow pace. That section moves like your going 100s of miles an hour. You get tunnel hell instead of bullet hell.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I ran into problems with the expansions, but I've owned at least three different versions of Quake.
    The Saturn port was my first, but I wouldn't play it today.
    I still love the Trent Reznor soundtrack. Quake II on PlayStation has an amazing soundtrack too.

10. I don't think I ever finished the PS version of Quake II, although I played the shit out of the Mac port. I've played through the N64 Quake II, and I'd like to play it again in the near future, but that's a whole different game.