Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. What I'm NOT Playing:

Cd games on my Duo!

A couple years ago I bought a Duo from Keith Courage on the PCFX forums. When it arrived it had all kinds of problems so I sent it back and after determining that he had no idea why it was acting the way it was he sent me another unit.

I haven't touched the thing since I was playing through Drac X a year or so ago. Hooked it up and was sad to see my save game data was gone. Whatever, guess I should have plugged it again since then to keep it charged.
    So I started playing and within a half hour it was doing the same shit the previous model was doing. Freezing with solid color screens, freezing with a white screen and gray bar rolling through it, etc.
    Cards run fine, it's only CD based games. I paid almost $400 for this. I'm pissed and sad. Going to go through and check caps I guess, but I don't see how they could fail in two years, and he said they weren't the problem with the first unit.

2. I've been playing...

- Nier Automata - really digging it.

- Prey (2017) - really struggling to keep going. kinda starting to hate it.

- AM2R - just wanted to check it out, it's kind of addictive, and very nice level of challenge.

Hey SSJN, how level is your Duo? IrishNinja had the same thing happen to him and it was because his system was like a tiny bit inclined in his setup. No one could figure out why but it works fine laying flat on the floor.

4. It's sitting on top of a showcase, pretty level.
    I guess I can set it on the floor and see what happens, but it's carpeted. Don't want to cook it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Cd games on my Duo!

A couple years ago I bought a Duo from Keith Courage on the PCFX forums. When it arrived it had all kinds of problems so I sent it back and after determining that he had no idea why it was acting the way it was he sent me another unit.

I haven't touched the thing since I was playing through Drac X a year or so ago. Hooked it up and was sad to see my save game data was gone. Whatever, guess I should have plugged it again since then to keep it charged.
    So I started playing and within a half hour it was doing the same shit the previous model was doing. Freezing with solid color screens, freezing with a white screen and gray bar rolling through it, etc.
    Cards run fine, it's only CD based games. I paid almost $400 for this. I'm pissed and sad. Going to go through and check caps I guess, but I don't see how they could fail in two years, and he said they weren't the problem with the first unit.
    Maybe the pots on the laser need adjusting?

I love my Duo and I love the look of them vs the Duo-R/RXs but they can be fickle bastards. And no the caps should be fine if they were just replaced 2 years ago. Only other thing I can think of is what power supply are you using?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. The shit aftermarket one he sent with it (and I assume he sends with all the ones he sells).

7. It could be the power supply, maybe. I use a Genes 1 power supply with an adapter from console5.com that converts the end plug into what it needs to be. The adapter is only a couple of bucks, so if you have a spare genesis 1 power supply might be worth giving it a try.

https://console5.com/store/turbo-duo...ter-cable.html

Although it looks like he's currently out of stock, maybe email to see when he'll get more in.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Playing the new Zelda. Am I missing something? I can't swim for more than 10 seconds, I can't climb that well, I have my weapons break halfway through every fight, I'm wandering around the wilderness with shit all to do...

I'm 10 shrines in but I can't do a god damn thing. This is Master Mode but my problems aren't really tied to that (other than the fact that combat is utterly worthless since you don't get a weapon that can kill anything).

9. Weapons break all over the place, but most can kill two or three fodder enemies in default. I think those are Master Mode problems.

As far as climbing and swimming, welcome to Breath of the Wild! Don't sprint while doing either at first; it's not resource-efficient. Soon, you'll have a bunch of food that replenishes stamina, a bigger wheel, gear that helps with swimming, and at least a piece or two of the optional gear that helps with climbing.

10. I got a Guardian Sword which was refreshing after breaking clubs and arms against the most basic enemy. Still broke after two of those. Are the only weapons stuff you find lying around? These pitchforks and hoes aren't doing anything.

Bvork warned me from playing MM. I'm debating what to do because it's possible that after a short while I'll be much more equipped to do stuff. But right now I got the Slate upgrade and now I have to find random locations, and because the world is so big and I have no real quests pointing me in a new place to go (except "beat the game") I just pick a direction at random until I either hit a mountain that I can't get on because it's too cold or a cliff that's too tall for me to climb or some river that's too wide. Constantly running away from any and every fight because my Iron Sledgehammer does 5% damage 5 or6 times before shattering. Bleh.