Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

You probably shouldn't play in Master mode on your first playthrough.

I think I agree with that, though if it were available at launch, I probably would have tried.

This is a remedial question, but it's worth making sure: Have you traded in your spirit orbs for stamina? That's how you climb/swim/run longer.

3. Yeah I bought stamina because health doesn't mean anything when you die in one hit

I dunno, I don't think the game is for me. It's a combat game but you can't kill anything, it's an exploration game but you can't go where you want.

I might do normal mode instead, see if it's any different. Also I am playing it on a handheld so I might miss some of the visual cues.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 27 Jul 2017 at 11:22 AM.

4. Weird, because I did both.
    p.s. there's probably a reason they didnt include master mode at launch.

"Hey guys, I just bought a football. This thing sucks! Why arent I playing like Joe Montana?!"

5. Bad analogy. It's like, hey I got a weapon, why does it do nothing against the most basic enemy in the game?

6. That would work, except (from what I understand) you're not facing the most basic enemies in MM.

7. I guess. But I'm reading a lot of people complaining about it (some more than others obviously) for the first 10 to 20 hours in Normal Mode. "It gets better though, some weapons will last a while". But if it gets better, why can't it start "good"? There's no flow to combat if you can't kill enemies outright. Half the time I have to try to make enemies drown. Which for some people that's fun, but I'm not a big fan. I'm going to keep going though, because if it does get better (or if it's just always shit) I'd regret changing back

8. Weapons breaking never stops sucking. Find a bow, learn to headshot.

9. I don't think you're supposed to pick fights with stuff in MM. That you're grossly underpowered seems to be the point. Some of those enemies you immediately encounter in MM will still shred your arsenal and fairy stock well into normal mode.

As far as directionlessness, there should be goals listed in your tablet unless MM changes that.

At least try normal mode before chucking the game out a window, though. MM is called MM because it's really for Ms.

10. To echo everyone else, don't play on master mode. You need to know how to exploit the fights for it to work. All the complaints you see about weapons are going to be multiplied x5 or 10 because all enemies are of a higher rank, they regen health, there are spawns where there aren't normally, and they will do more damage to you. Its like doom if every grunt is an imp and every imp is a cacodemon. Except more and they regen health from your pistol shots.

Master mode starts much more difficult, then the middle and end game is very similar. In other words, its pointless as a first playthrough. Completely pointless if you don't enjoy the game. Possibly completely pointless, period. Start over, it'll only take you a fraction of the time to catch back up.

Once you start over the rest of the game might make more sense. Like you don't have to climb shit because you're afraid of every enemy camp. Running into enemy camps is part of the exploration instead of obstacles from it.

Or maybe just stop playing if you don't like the exploring.

edit: handheld mode is great. I prefer docked, but there is more stutter at times, I think you won't like that. Even though I like docked I play handheld most of the time because its basically the same and more convenient.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 27 Jul 2017 at 01:24 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner