Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. If BotW doesn't make you want to explore its world, then you are dead inside [/finchian]

2. Well it has its own save slot, so I guess you guys are right...going to switch to NM like a wimp

Because right now it's like a (fun) puzzle game (shrines) except in between each puzzle, instead of a short load screen, you have to go through a cornucopia of bullshit
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 27 Jul 2017 at 02:40 PM.

3. What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

The normal mode is difficult enough in the first few hours. I don't think master mode is meant for new players.

The game lets you explore and fight but you will also have a rough go of it if you go somewhere you should not. It's old school in that sense. Like it won't scale shit down so your scrawny ass can go to a faraway zone.

I was getting frustrated in a few zones so I went back to ones I was more comfortable in to build up strength.

4. My right hand is fucked at the moment, so I've been messing around with Wii gun games and stuff that has less demanding controls.
    Anyone into fightmans should check out Fantasy Strike. It's in open beta(or alpha?) until monday night.

http://www.fantasystrike.com/freeweekend

The controls are very simple, somewhere between Divekick and Rising Thunder, but it doesn't feel terribly limited.
    Controller setup is under "other controls" in the button config for some reason, but other than that set up is very easy.
    The gameplay and netcode have a good feel, and I don't mind the art style.

5. I was playing Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3 today. It started having moments of black screen while playing the game a little over an hour. I think I may have over-extended the console's ability to handle the heat that the game was generating.

I've also jumped back into playing The Witcher 3 on the PC. I decided to play some of the side missions, because the current missions require that I'm at level 22, while my character is currently at level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I was playing Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3 today. It started having moments of black screen while playing the game a little over an hour.
    Your console probably got bored. Play some Daytona to cheer it up.

7. Contra Hard Corps.

This game, the US version anyway, feels like a targeted, personal attack. It is hateful and probably racist.

It's plenty fun and looks amazing (Konami sure loved rotating sprites on the Genesis), but managing four weapons can be a little overwhelming and unnecessary and the absence of a holdable shoulder button to fix your shot hurts. And who put unskippable dialogue in my Contra game?

I thought this was another instance of the Genesis iteration of a series being much better, but I think I'm prepared to admit Contra III is the better game even if Hard Corps is the more interesting one.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 31 Jul 2017 at 10:51 AM.

Sonic cd of contras

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Contra Hard Corps.

This game, the US version anyway, feels like a targeted, personal attack. It is hateful and probably racist.

It's plenty fun and looks amazing (Konami sure loved rotating sprites on the Genesis), but managing four weapons can be a little overwhelming and unnecessary and the absence of a holdable shoulder button to fix your shot hurts. And who put unskippable dialogue in my Contra game?

I thought this was another instance of the Genesis iteration of a series being much better, but I think I'm prepared to admit Contra III is the better game even if Hard Corps is the more interesting one.
    Yeah but Contra III only has 4 actual horizontal stages. The overhead stages have not aged well; just a bunch of showy Mode 7 garbage IMO.

Hard Corps > Contra III, no question.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Those are junk, true.