Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343537 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Started The Evil Within. On Chapter 3, so I just started, but so far RE7 kicks this game's ass

I have heard it gets better whereas RE7 does get worse...
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 10 Aug 2017 at 01:17 AM.

2. Tales From the Borderlands

Could they make the Fiona character hotter?
    Boo, Hiss.

3. They could.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Been playing quite a bit this summer.

Nier Automata (very cool, very enjoyable)
    Prey (not a big fan, probably done with that)
    DOOM (really fun!)
    Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (fiiiiiinally MM9 and 10 have a PC release!)

6. Finished Horizon on my new tv. Holy crap does the end stuff look amazing in 4k. Finally looks like the next gen after PS3 and 360.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) - I hit 97 shrines and finished off the memories today. I still have not used a guide of any kind. I have at least two more shrines opened that I was waiting to get more guardian weapons before tackling, so I'll be right about at 100. I think I'll hit that mark and then go whoop Ganon. The thought of either scouring the entire map or using a guide to get the last 20 shrines is not very appealing. I'm at almost 200 Koroks, and I'm sure as hell not going for 900 of them. I think I might go ahead and listen to the Nintendo Voice Chat spoilercast episode just to see if they talk about anything that I have to see. I'm unlikely to turn it back on after beating Ganon until I am in a masochistic enough mood to try Master mode. That probably won't be until next year though after Mario. I've been neglecting essentially everything else on the system, which is another motivation to just call it done.

Rocket League (PC) - I'm back to 100% on the achievements with this, so back on the shelf it goes for now. I somewhat wish I played more consistently so I could get into the Gold+ ranks, but I tend to play sporadically enough to get to high silver and that's it.

I really, really need to get to TNLers' VR games, but that's unlikely to happen until next weekend. I have a couple major deadlines this week.

8. I put in a few more hours with Just Cause 3 and I feel like it's not really a game. It's a competent enough little sandbox, but there's no direction to it. You just kinda do stuff. I suppose it's as advertised. Just Cause.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. There's a lot of really cool stuff you can do, but you don't need to do any of it to actually complete the game.
    If you're looking for direction, I think you'll be disappointed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I put in a few more hours with Just Cause 3 and I feel like it's not really a game. It's a competent enough little sandbox, but there's no direction to it. You just kinda do stuff. I suppose it's as advertised. Just Cause.
    I've been playing quite a bit of this, having been a fan of JC2. A like like the last one, although the addition of the wing suit is pretty sweet for traversal. There is an actual story, and the story missions are pretty entertaining. Fun sandbox box game, although I'm not terribly creative with all the possibilities. That said, I only just figured out that you can hijack the trains that traverse the entire map (on the main island) and hack the mobile missile silos, which then rain death on the roadways that parallel the tracks (the missile salvos auto launch when any enemy is near). The game definitely gets explosions right.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"