Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030323334353638 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

You either get on with the Avalanche games or you do not. I loved zipping around JC2 knocking over settlements and causing explosions. A lot of people would find that repetitive and did.

Mad Max is the same way. Cool game but I probably feel about that the way others felt about JC2. They're really not for everyone.

2. I'm not good at making my own fun

Not for long periods of time anyway

3. That's a good assessment of my feelings on it.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Itching for a little Sonic before Mania comes out, and I ended up firing up Lost World again. I played through the DS version but only a few levels of the big boy one.

It really is almost a good game. In a lot of ways it's the best 3D Sonic since the Adventure games. The design and look of it is great, it actually brings back real platform gameplay and some sense of non-linearity to the series, it has tight controls (if a little sluggish for the side-scrolling parts)... It does so many things right. It just has some clumsy, frustrating level design at parts that leave a bad taste. But it's a direction I wouldn't mind seeing them explore/refine. I think there's more potential there than chasing Generations, which was kind of just inoffensive more than actually great.

5. Trails of Cold Steel (PC) - Even though the PS3 version can be had for less, the quicker load times and enhanced graphics are worth the $40.

Battlefield 4 (PC) - Currently on the Kunlun Mountains mission. Two more to go after this is done.

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC) - Quite far along in this with 100% viability on all 5 major planets, 5 of 6 loyalty missions done, and 103 hrs. total play time. Wonky animations that plagued earlier revs seem to not be an issue anymore.
    The Cyclone Assault rifle lost me with its LONG spin-up time. I'd rather use a Thokin. Hornet SMG is one of my more favorite pistols, though the Carnifex isn't too bad either (single shot & slow fire rate, but good damage). I've enjoyed the Tactical Cloak lately, especially using it for Flame Thrower sneak attacks.
    Remnant glyph puzzles have been just fine for me. No decryption keys used.

Robocop vs the terminator on gen

I say I can't imagine besting this without save states but by the time I beat it I could blow through the first few levels on killer. Also, it feels like they assumed you had one of those fancy controlers with rabid fire.

Pretty fun. One of the best robocop games. But snes had the comic panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Also, it feels like they assumed you had one of those fancy controlers with rabid fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I need to play more if that game. It was the spiritual sequel to The Sega CD Terminator game which was pretty rad.

9. Picked up Agents of Mayhem yesterday. Played it for a good chunk. Open world game set in an alternate universe of the Saints Row universe. The game is basically what Overwatch would be if it were played single player in a story. With R-rated discussions. It also feels a bit like a privatized GI Joe team.

Haven't finished it yet but it's not quite as fun as Saint's Row. I also feel like they missed the mark on some of the characters you are assigned at the start of the game. It growing on me.

10. I want to try that game. It's not getting good reviews but it looks like something I'd enjoy. Wish there was a demo or trial.