Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24343637383940 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Painkiller: Hell & Damnation (PC) - Playing on Nightmare (3 of 4) difficulty. A remake of Painkiller but also a sequel in terms of storyline, missing some levels but with HD graphics. There's now a Soulcatcher gun, which has a soul drain attack, fires sawblades, and can even possess enemies to fight for you (quite useful).

7.3 in WoW
    The Necromancer in D3. so much fun

Telltale used to make adventure games, at least up to BttF.

They've never been particularly good, though.

4. Isn't tales from the Borderlands their latest game?

5. TFTB's been out about 2 years or so at this point. Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft Story Mode, and Walking Dead Season 3 have all come out since then.

Playing Night Trap after years and loving it more than ever.

7. Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    The Necromancer in D3. so much fun
    I made one too. They did a good job with it, I agree... I feel like the DLC is $5 too much, though... and adding new classes isn't going to fix any of the problems I have with Diablo 3.

8. What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (XBone). Now backwards compatible! Never played this one the first time around. I like the little nods it makes to the rest of the Metal Gear series ("This is not an infiltration mission, Raiden. So get ready to get your ass kicked by a bunch of sword wielding cyborgs").

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence: playing Metal Gear Rising got me motivated to revisit this on the Vita. I started it, but never finished it years ago. It's nice playing a traditional Metal Gear game but also frustratingly antiquated at the same time. I'm so used to Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed's take on stealth that it's hard to unlearn everything those games have taught me. Still, it is fun being able to use camo to sneak up on guys till they're right in front of you then use CQC to bring them down. It's just so different from what we now know as "stealth."
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Still, it is fun being able to use camo to sneak up on guys till they're right in front of you then use CQC to bring them down.
    Grabbing mofos and slitting their throats never gets old in that game.

10. I've been playing a bit of the Wii U this past week.

Super Mario 3D World: This is a nice addition to the Super Mario franchise. I've completed about 5 areas so far.

Star Fox Zero: The game's not bad, but I'm not a big fan of the tilt function to aim your shot. The box says that you can use the Pro Controller, but I've yet to figure out how to make that work.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I've put in about 5 hours into the game today. It is pretty amazing and I have a feeling that this might be my favorite game in the series. The image quality appears to be upscaled from 720p to 1080p though.