Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Ultimate Doom whet my appetite for classic FPS and Bundlestars had a Quake 1-3 + expansions pack for $6 yesterday. This is another series I completely missed out on.

I spent about two hours monkeying around with Quake 1 mods, settings, and finding and stuffing the OST back into it and two more hours playing the game. I think I had just as good a time with one as the other.

Quake 1 is a really good videogame. That the shotgun and not a pistol is your default pea-shooter weapon says everything about it for better or worse.
    You should play Hexen.

Like seriously.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Beware, if you don't pay attention in Hexen you can get lost for a very, very long time.

Man, there were some bad ass FPSes back then. Dark Forces? Jedi Knight? lots of stuff

3. I love Dark Forces, I had to buy 4 sticks of 1 mb ram for a stupid amount to play it, but I don't think it's actually very good.

Quake 1 was really great. Q2 was slow and very different, probably worse but I played online a lot so I love that too.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

I never played much Dark Forces, but Jedi Knight was my jam. I loved that game.

5. DariusBurst CS with that 2 (or is it 3?) screen wide mode looks amazing on my big screen. Hard as hell and even my 9yr old appreciates Zuntata. I can play this forever.

That's AWESOME. In the arcade it's 2 screens wide, dunno how the PC port handles it. I've got a pretty big TV in my living room but everything seems so tiny in wide mode after playing the real cab.

7. Where have you tried the real cab? I would love to try that.

Lost Ark Videogames in Greensboro got the cab not too long ago. The cab is AMAZING.

9. 21:9 monitors are perfect for two screen arcade games.
    Three screen games are still letterboxed, unless you get one of those ridiculous 32:9 Samsung joints.

Yeah, Burst was the first game I fired up when I got my 21:9.