Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I'm just being obnoxious and wanted to segue into talking about a game that maybe 1 or 2 other people here would like anyway
    Yeah, the thread need to move on.

2. I've got a bit over 30 hours into Persona Q. Per usual, I spend a lot of my time futzing about with fusing Personas in order to get the best setups. And then I'll change labyrinths/levels and what worked stupendously before aint worth a crap now and the process starts over.
    Having a lot of fun with it though. After trying out just about everyone I've settled on Dude From P3, Kanji, Aigis, Mitsuru, and Naoto.
    Kanji's inherent Always Attack First skill + a persona I made with each element's link skill + double link + golden link = Destroy just about all foes/bosses in 3 or 4 rounds.
    Mitsuru's magic/bindings and Naoto's light/dark/ status ailment skills make maze walking a breeze.
    Really fun game!

3. I'm not an especially big Persona fan and an even less of an Etrian fan but I like that game a lot, too.

You might be past the point where you'd see much benefit, but download those free DLC personas if you haven't! There's a really good healing one in there iirc.

4. What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

Persona Q is good yea. The best part of Persona games is the combat (fight me) and that is the distilled essence.

5. It is the best part, except when the older games want you to experiment with different dialogue combinations copy/paste swaths of Gamefaqs txts into a Google doc and play the game with your cellphone spot welded to your cornea to resolve enemy conflicts without fighting. That's why I can't get into these megoomies.

If you've triggered a random encounter with me, it's already too late for diplomacy, BUDDY.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 30 Jun 2017 at 02:12 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm not an especially big Persona fan and an even less of an Etrian fan
    You're a terrible person.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm not an especially big Persona fan and an even less of an Etrian fan but I like that game a lot, too.

You might be past the point where you'd see much benefit, but download those free DLC personas if you haven't! There's a really good healing one in there iirc.
    Honestly, the "free" healing you get from the leader skill has been enough to keep me going. There's a bunch of quality of life things in this game that make it much more enjoyable (read: less grindy) than either series alone. I was at first annoyed how expensive skills were until I noticed that whatever bonus life/magic your sub persona gives you is automatically refilled after the battle. That + Swordbreaker skill + easy boosting so skills are free make it so I leave most encounters completely filled point wise. I've wandered entire levels, needing only to go back to town to sell off stuff.
    All that plus the sacrifice spread make it way easy to become overpowered rather quickly. I spent 30 minutes tearing up goldbugs and cardmans just to get high level personas to sacrifice for their experience/loot drops.
    Want a new persona but need to use one you don't want to get rid of? Make sure it's in the compendium, fuse it to get new one, then buy it back. Money is way easy to come by in this game too.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 30 Jun 2017 at 03:46 PM.

8. I tried to play Persona but after four hours of total bullshit in the supposedly best game ever, Persona 4 Golden, I said piss off

"But then it gets good"

I can finish Outrun 2 about 50 times in that span

9. It took me several attempts at P4 before it finally clicked. Glad I kept trying to like it; it was worth it.

10. Now I want to pop it back in. What difficulty are you playing on?