Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Gamevet commenting on dumb purchases? This is rich, lol.

(not commenting on what you buy, but there's been several occasions where you purchased something that was cheaper elsewhere)

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Gamevet commenting on dumb purchases? This is rich, lol.

(not commenting on what you buy, but there's been several occasions where you purchased something that was cheaper elsewhere)
    Those were few and far between. It's not like Ebay was going to have a better deal on a 2600 Trackball that I got for less than $15. But hey, I appreciate the heads up on Best Buy having Titanfall 2 for less than what I'd paid, and Fry's price matched it, so I came out okay on that deal.

How can anyone defend paying $60 for a digital copy of a game on console, when the option of a physical copy makes much more sense?
    Last edited by gamevet; 26 Jun 2017 at 11:49 PM.

3. Because maybe you wanted to play with friends right then and don't need more crap taking up my otherwise precious space? Selling the game for $20 later not that good a pay-off for the effort involved?

Often the ability to spontaneously play with friends is worth more than the savings, because if I couldn't play with them I just wouldn't buy the game at all. Obviously the physical is better, but, sometimes entertainment is worth the ticket.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Those were few and far between. It's not like Ebay was going to have a better deal on a 2600 Trackball that I got for less than $15. But hey, I appreciate the heads up on Best Buy having Titanfall 2 for less than what I'd paid, and Fry's price matched it, so I came out okay on that deal.

How can anyone defend paying $60 for a digital copy of a game on console, when the option of a physical copy makes much more sense?
    Why does it make more sense? The game is always on your hard drive, you can switch whenever, no disc taking up shelf space, etc. Modern Warfare is one of my favorite games ever, I have no desire to trade in Remastered.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Why does it make more sense? The game is always on your hard drive, you can switch whenever, no disc taking up shelf space, etc. Modern Warfare is one of my favorite games ever, I have no desire to trade in Remastered.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each.
    Okay, so you paid $100 for the I got dicked around by Activision version, or did you wait until the price dropped down to $49?
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Jun 2017 at 12:10 AM.

6. Do you understand that value is subjective?

7. I will agree that getting the PC version does pay for itself, once you consider that you have to pay $60 for a year of Xbox Live, or PS+ to play those games online.

8. How much do you pay for the pc though

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    How much do you pay for the pc though
    You can build a PC with used parts that will be much more powerful than the current consoles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkOL0mUvaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRuuYWr_2js

10. What's your time worth
    Donk