Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253537383940 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

I'm finally playing through Dreamfall Chapters. My PC wasn't good enough to run it when it first came out (the game wasn't optimized well either) and the PS4 port took forever to come. I forgot about it but bought it from the recent sale. It seems like a worthy continuation to the 2006 game so far. Hopefully it has some more challenging puzzles. They don't need to go overboard like The Longest Journey but being above "interactive movie" level would be cool.

2. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm finally playing through Dreamfall Chapters. My PC wasn't good enough to run it when it first came out (the game wasn't optimized well either) and the PS4 port took forever to come. I forgot about it but bought it from the recent sale. It seems like a worthy continuation to the 2006 game so far. Hopefully it has some more challenging puzzles. They don't need to go overboard like The Longest Journey but being above "interactive movie" level would be cool.
    There are a few odd puzzles that actually make you think, but it's mostly pretty basic. It's not Telltalle basic, but maybe Life is Strange basic. Better than Dreamfall though. I enjoyed this series for what it was, but I think you'll have a better experience than I did because the gaps between chapters ended up being painfully long, much more than promised. I think they added a lot of polish for the recent Director's Cut update as well.

20XX and it's a freakin blast. If you like Mega Man, or platformers in general, I recommend it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. I've had it forever and on multiple platforms, but didn't give XCOM: EW an honest crack until this weekend after wrapping up a playthrough of XCOM:EU.

Holy moly. Meld makes it an entirely new game. Even just having something on maps tied to turn count changes the pace and stakes of the first five turns of every battle. I was just complaining in the Rabbids thread that there is no strategy for those opening moves aside from "inch your scouts to the outer limits of overwatch while having snipers climb things." Playing that way in EW means never getting any meld ever, which cuts off access to what looks to be some powerful stuff.

Playing it on my phone is...not optimal, but I can see how the interface would be nice on an iPad mini or something. I'll eventually play it in proper. Might even get around to playing XCOM 2 in the next ten years.

5. Don't update to iOS 11 until you're done with it, the game won't run there and they're not updating it.

I played it on my Air 2 and it was excellent.

6. Digital gaming rules.

7. More like Apple gives no shits.

8. They already have your money.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    They already have your money.
    They just don't care about compatibility. Never have. They make the OS they want and tell devs to deal with it.

I wish Apple would change their stance because their development community is a lot bigger than it was in 1997, but nope. It's not reasonable to demand app developers keep their shit updated forever.

10. I'm still sad I never got to play "The Act" (a super well made Dragon's Lair kinda thing) on iOS before it got left behind forever.

They made a one-shot arcade machine version that pops up at arcade cons now and then, but that's not exactly accessible.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Sep 2017 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!