Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: Murica's Bday Edition

1. yeah, I should sell my disc since I got a free copy from MS as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Was inspired to start mucking about with case and button mods after finding a scratched-up GBA at thrift store a couple weeks ago. Got some cheapo new cases off eBay and some buttons from Kitsch-Bent. Backlight kit's still on the way but I got antsy when the other stuff showed up.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. How is the quality? I've used replacement shells for PSX and Dreamcast that were perfect, but the GBC kits I bought were crap.

The replacment GBA shells I've used were decent. They weren't quite up to official Nintendo quality but I was satisfied with them. Protip: order some extra screen lens covers.

5. Headed to a nearby Walmart for some clearance Minecraft Legos for the boys and also picked up some Steven Universe minis and a Marvel Legends figure on clearance. I don't usually buy figures outside the occasional Transformer, but Cap seems really well made:

IMG_3101.JPG

From Craig's I found a complete Super Nintendo and games for less than half what the SNES alone goes for, plus some complete Genny titles:

IMG_3099.JPG

Pawn shop haul for the month, with Katamari Forever I think I have all games in the series now:

IMG_3102.JPG

And also from the pawn haul, mint complete Tomba for 50 cents:

IMG_3100.JPG
    Last edited by Low; 29 Jul 2017 at 10:59 PM.

6. Nice haul Low. I can't believe that the pawn shop didn't even bother to check out how much Tomba was worth, and that SNES setup is easily worth @ $250

7. Thanks. It seems like 95% of the PSone/PS2 stuff these guys get in are sports titles or scratched to hell (this gen is screwed 10 years from now). I'm more amazed someone would trade in a PSone rarity for a whole quarter.
    Last edited by Low; 30 Jul 2017 at 12:07 AM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    How is the quality? I've used replacement shells for PSX and Dreamcast that were perfect, but the GBC kits I bought were crap.
    The quality of the main shells is great, though the standard-color buttons and bumper bits that came packed with them were a bit chintzy and showed some uneven molding seams.

Didn't matter since I was using the Kitsch-bent parts for that stuff, which are well-made.

9. Had to purchase a "New" Nintendo 3DS XL replacement battery. I was honestly thinking my system was broken at 1st even tho I take very good care of my stuff. Opened up the back and the battery in this system I hadn't had close to two years was all swollen. Defective shit is defective I guess.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Yeah, that shit's weird. I had 2 of the extended life batteries for the PSP that I'd bought several years ago from the Target clearance end cap. I decided to finally put one in my PSP, but noticed that it was slightly swollen and wouldn't fit. I discovered later that week, that I had purchased a second one, and luckily, it was in perfect working order.