Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 46789 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: Murica's Bday Edition

They're lithium ion batteries. It happens sometimes, unfortunately.

2. Birthday haul from earlier this month:
    Bomberman R & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch
    Scythe and Seasons for the tabletop

Then my buddies got me a second Switch dock, which is crazy helpful considering how often I take the whole damn experience along with me. My office loves playing Jackbox on drinking days, you see.

3. Picked up a few PSN games from last week's sale, NG goodness galore:

Fu'un Super Combo: Weird to play an emulated PS2 game emulating the Neo Geo, but it appears to play perfectly. Mainly got this for Kizuna Encounter, I enjoyed that game's easy combo and it is one of the earliest tag team fighting game. Some of the ugliest characters designs but that's part of the charm. Savage Reign hasn't aged well, more of a novelty at this point.

Fatal Fury Collection 2: Real Bouts galore! I love RB2, maybe one of my favorite fighters on NG besides Ninja Master's. With a glorious introduction(s) and lightning quick gameplay, it is all about getting into the game. RB/RBS are just bonus in this collection, but worth a play. A steal at under $6.

The Last Blade 2: I wish RB2 got this treatment instead of the the FF collection. I originally bought this for PS4 but cross-buy let me play it on Vita, and the game just pops on the OLED screen (with scanlines!). Lee Rekka will rule again.

This week, ADK Damashii is on sale, I am going to get it for Ninja Master's and Twinkle Star Sprites.
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 02 Aug 2017 at 08:05 AM.

4. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - Correct camera control! That alone is worth the remake.

5. My son was playing it earlier. Was disappointed that it didnt look any better than the ps2 version on emulator. Whole lot of fuzzy textures and shitty transition from high res objects next to you becoming low res when you take a step away.

6. I think it is pretty much it, an upscaled PS2 game but it is the Zodiac version which we never got.

7. Well, we did on emulator.

Filthy pirate!

9. From a guy who sells games too, shame!!

10. Games? It's all about fidget spinners and Magic cards these days.