Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: Murica's Bday Edition

1. This Month's Haul: Murica's Bday Edition

Picked up a couple of concert t-shirts from the show last night. They are getting more expensive with each show. I think we paid about $35 for concert shirts last year, while this concert we paid $85 for 2 shirts.

The old lady got a Joan Jett t-shirt

I got a pretty cool looking Boston t-shirt.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Jul 2017 at 03:53 PM.

2. Jesus Christ.
    Is there no middle ground between $5 bootleg shirts and $40 "official" ones?

3. I like the Joan Jett one, the Boston one is a bit much.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. murica

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn, MK8 Switch, Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief Collection (yes, I know). Will probably do some damage before the Steam sale ends.

5. Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    Is there no middle ground between $5 bootleg shirts and $40 "official" ones?
    I've thought about doing that, and the last 2 times we were at the Starplex I swear I saw the same guy peddlling t-shirts in the parking lot. What I don't like is the area that the venue is in. It's in South Dallas (State fairgrounds) where the crime rate is the highest. The last thing I need to do is pull a wallet out in a dark parking lot.

We didn't pay for the tickets (my wife's nephew was in Army Airborne, so he got 4 tickets for $15 through a tickets for vets site), so that kind of balanced some of it out. Yes, the t-shirt prices are getting way out of hand, but the same can be said for beer and drinks with a 24oz beer costing $13 and a bottled water $7.

I like triple-discounts. This one is $39.99 but on-sale at BBY for $29.99 this week. With GCU, it was $23.99, but I also had gotten BBY credit at effectively 20% off also through Plenti, making it $19.20 + tax.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. I bought a washer and dryer because mine broke and I wanted something nice.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I think I'm done with the Steam Summer Sale:

• Doom - I'm embarrassingly late to this party.
    • Nex Machina
    • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
    • Superhot VR
    • Thumper
    • Tron 2.0 - Mainly to support Disney for patching in Win10 support after this many years
    • Wizorb - Thanks to Bacon's tip.
    • Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - My poor Vita has one more foot in the grave.
    • Zombie Army Trilogy x 2 - One for me and one for my brother

9. Picked up ARMS yesterday as my first non-amiibo GCU purchase. With coupon, it came to $43.99 for a near-launch game. Not bad!

Also grabbed the reprinted Zelda BotW amiibo because I'm an OCD hoarder and need all of these things.

10. I intend to squander my summer playing videogames.

Steam sale:
    Final Doom
    Ultimate Doom
    Doom II
    Doom 3
    Ys: Oath in Felghana
    Xanadu Next (this game is amazing)
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Victor Vran
    Titan Quest

Courtesy of Game Craze Macedon:
    Ys: Memories of Celceta