Page 1 of 46 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

1. Red Dead Redemption - PS3/360

Finally, we have the official announcement of Red Dead Revolver 2! After the first glimpse at the PS3 unveiling and then no mention since, I was worried it was canned. Thankfully not, and it's coming in the fall!

Developed by Rockstar San Diego, as a follow up to the 2004 hit game, Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. The story of former outlaw, John Marston, Red Dead Redemption takes players on a great adventure across the American frontier.

"The team at San Diego have massively exceeded our expectations with the sheer depth of experiences in Red Dead Redemption," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The seamless combination of breathtaking beauty and intense action, all woven together with strong plotlines in a massive vibrant, rural environment is mind-blowing. We think this game helps to push the limits of what an open-world gaming experience can be."

Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions.

Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world's last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=207421

Screens:

2. Red Dead was one of my favorite games last gen. They dont make enough wild west games. I still play that and Sunset Riders to get my fix. This is great news but im not sure how I feel about it having open-ended gameplay. I kinda liked the Contra-like action level by level of the original. I never did play that game Gun tho...

Edit: official site:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/
    Last edited by Destro777; 04 Feb 2009 at 01:04 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

jesus this image host is full of pop up ads.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. The multi on this was funner than it should have been. Great game overall -- just needed more time in the oven.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. awesome. we liked first one quite a bit.

6. This is some great news, I liked RDR and Gun a lot.

7. I should have played Gun. Oh well.

This looks awesome. Those vistas in a few of those shots look AMAZING.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. Fuck Red Dead Revolver, it's live awareness was what got me banned from live on my modbox the first time. lols.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Seik View Post
    I should have played Gun. Oh well.
    They ported it for the 360 launch. I've been meaning to play it again but I'll probably just wait for this.

10. This looks great. I meant to play the PS2 one but never got around to it, but I did play Gun till the end and loved it. I heard from several people that RDR was the better game, so I am excited for this.