Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constantly being told I won an iphone and having to close the browser on my phone.

1. Constantly being told I won an iphone and having to close the browser on my phone.

This has been going on for months now, but today was just really bad. I can usually get about 3 clicks before I get a notice that I've won an iphone and even though I click to close it, the program forwards me to some bs website called brickages dot com.

This happens when I'm browsing the site using Safari with my phone.
    Last edited by gamevet; 15 Jul 2017 at 01:24 PM.

Are you using the mobile skin? I do on Safari on iPhone and have never seen what you're describing.

3. I run the desktop version

4. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    This has been going on for months now, but today was just really bad. I can usually get about 3 clicks before I get a notice that I've won an iphone and even though I click to close it, the program forwards me to some bs website called brickages dot com.

This happens when I'm browsing the site using Safari with my phone.
    Same.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. Sound like you should upgrade to that new iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Sound like you should upgrade to Linux.
    Yeah, I'll be that guy.

This guy won a free iPhone and he's here complaining about it.

8. What a jerk.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. God we are so jaded, it's beautiful.

gamevet: It's an ad injecting malicious code. If you have a Mac you can plug it in, open Safari there, and use the "Develop" menu to inspect the page. I recognize that might be a lot of work, but you may be able to identify which ad.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, which iOS?

cka: Any way for you to trace that? As you can see, it's kind of a hassle. I'll try browsing and see if I can duplicate.
    Last edited by Calliander; 18 Jul 2017 at 07:13 PM.

10. nope nick never let me anywhere near any of the ad stuff