Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constantly being told I won an iphone and having to close the browser on my phone.

1. I wasn't able to duplicate so the main question is which iOS, gamevet? If you're on something older than 9 that's the problem.

2. I'm on 10.3.3 and it pops up about every 10 page refreshes or less.

I got 2 pop ups just now going to the attached thread and back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6655.PNG 
Views:	164 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	80547

Name:	IMG_6656.PNG 
Views:	170 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	80548

The website it directs to: http://promotefine.com/show.php?c=wa...5&t=1500508625
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 19 Jul 2017 at 07:59 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Thanks, Doc. That theme seems to be the only one showing ads, which is why I wasn't seeing the problem. Switched to classic, saw the problem, profiled it. Caught 'em.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.17.04 PM.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	80551

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.17.10 PM.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	80552

Sneaky bastards, disguising it as an error message function in a try/catch.

cka - nothing we can do but report to the ad folks. Unfortunately, the "ad" in question is blank. The real ads show up underneath the thread navigation.

4. I won a few iPhones. I don't know what I'm going to do with them all.
    Donk

Have you considered sticking them up your ass?

6. Well, sure. But what about day 2?

7. I searched through the templates and add-on js files for some parts of that trace image but didn't find anything so either its being fed in through the ad system or it's obfuscated somewhere else

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    I searched through the templates and add-on js files for some parts of that trace image but didn't find anything so either its being fed in through the ad system or it's obfuscated somewhere else
    Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. The ad in question loads some JS, which purposely throws an error that's nested in two try/catch statements. It looks legit, which is why the ad company approved it, but in reality it's hitting a URL that's not actually a JPEG, receiving an "error message", and then eval'ing it, which is likely "window.location='iphonescam.com';"

But there's no way to know which ad is doing it to let the ad partner know. Best you can give them is a vague thing and have them test, if they even do that.

9. http://nerdyjs.com/script/912850 has the parameters and variables in the image, so it's whatever the fuck uses that

edit: either way, ublock saves the day

10. Naoimi Marie looks legit.

Name:	IMG_6671.PNG 
Views:	445 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	80560
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt