Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon 2 (NS)

Is everyone else aware that Salmon Run (horde mode) is only available online when Nintendo decides to allow you to play it? That is completely indefensible. I had every intention of buying this Friday until the team mess during the Splatfest and this idiocy.

2. That is really fucking stupid. Hopefully an update will change that, because that is really really fucking dumb.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Yawn. This is old (not great) news. I'm buying it because the other modes are great, but I can see why it'd irritate you.

4. I hope they update it to let everyone play it whenever they want except Shinjohnpv and Yossy
    Donk

5. I get why they did it, but surely there are better ways to make sure people will be able to find a match. Maybe have the game keep a running tally of how much time you've spent in regular MP vs Salmon Run, and give you an XP/money bonus in whichever one you've played less, proportional to the disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

That's a very Japanese way of thinking about it though. They're assuming that you'll play local with your friends, which is less often how it works everywhere in the world that matters market-wise.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I had every intention of buying this Friday until the team mess during the Splatfest and this idiocy.
    lol, okay buddy. Let me save you a few keystrokes--just copy and paste this into your Haul post Friday:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi;
    for my daughter.

She may wind up being the reason I get it at some point, because she loved the first one, but she's visiting my Dragon-in-Law, so it won't be Friday.

9. I've been playing a lot of it for review, and it really is Splatoon 1.5. I mean, that doesn't hugely bother me, because I wanted to play the first Splatoon but refused to buy a Wii U, so getting it on a device I actually want to own is enough. Still, it just feels so much like the first game outside of a checklist of new maps, weapons, and the couple of bigger additions like Salmon Run.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Yeah, but such is the online shooter convention, isn't it? Is it any less of an evolution between that which separates any two consecutive Gears of War games or what have you?

It's cool when a series goes from Doom 2 to Doom 3 or from Doom 3 to Doom 4, but those games were ten years apart.