Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

1. RoadBlasters has the voice that even the Genesis version misses. The arcade version has a suicide trick where you can slam into turrets for a shitload of points (which could lead to a full reserve tank, if your shooting accuracy has been good). With a 10x multiplier, this gets you 20,000 for one kamikaze. One player on Youtube grabbed 94K on a level doing this. Not sure if this works on Lynx.

STUN Runner is another good job, and maybe even a bit better than Lynx RB. Instead of polygons it uses a ton of scaling sprites, and does it well. If I had to pick ONE Lynx game this could be it. Ironically, the Amiga version is a tragic hot mess.

2. Lynx Rampage is by far the best version of that game too. Rampage doesn't hold up super well in general, but the Lynx version might be the exception.

I can't imagine playing Lynx on a screen larger than a cell phone though. That resolution is not good.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Lynx Rampage is by far the best version of that game too. Rampage doesn't hold up super well in general, but the Lynx version might be the exception.

I can't imagine playing Lynx on a screen larger than a cell phone though. That resolution is not good.
    Can't deny it about the resolution, sadly. I wish Atari would've made the Lynx 256 x 224 like the NES. Only a year later, NEC did 400 x 270 with the Turbo Express- and it didn't cost too much more than a Lynx.

I just want a Lynx version of Space Harrier and a game like Crossed Swords for it.

While this is admittedly a low bar, the 'Retro' Handheld looks like a lot better idea than the 'box.

6. Coming next Spring, priced 250 - 300 bucks, and have an AMD processor in it running Linux.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/26/...next-spring/#/

Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Nobody is going to buy that.

8. Four TNLers are going to buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. This is the antithesis of NES/SNES classic.