Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

I think it was sleeve that mentioned it yesterday.

2. That would have required reading the thread.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Im not saying this to troll but does anyone actually give a shit about Atari anymore? I can unequivocally say I do not. I didn't 20 years ago. The 2600 is goddamn ancient and everything they did after that was either shit or got steamrolled.
    QFT. Zero Fucks Given.
    Sixteen-bit is when gaming started getting good. To me, Tengen (Atari Games Corp.) is the real deal as far as Atari is concerned - stuff like Klax on TG-16, Paperboy & RoadBlasters on Genesis, etc. and other arcade titles.
    Ataribox is liable to tank hard. Why not just put their games on existing systems like PC, PS4, XO instead?
    Atari, Inc. is over-rated. Their ST computer is forgettable. Amiga shot that one down.

Lynx was one thing Atari did get right. It had a good library. The launch price likely didn't help it, since $180 in 1989 dollars (or $321.47 in 2011 dollars) was a bit more expensive than the Wi-Fi Vita's 2011 launch price of $250.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Sixteen-bit is when gaming started getting good.
    Are you ~30-years old, an idiot, or both?

5. Atari 8-bit computers were pretty powerful for the time, and many of the games are still playable today. Not saying there is a market for a flashback system for that though, as most kids who grew up during that era had the 2600 (maybe the 5200) and not the home computers.

I'm glad I had those bad games like Ms. Pac-Man, Phantasy Star, Castlevania III, and SMB3 while I was waiting for gaming to start getting good.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Atari 8-bit computers were pretty powerful for the time, and many of the games are still playable today. Not saying there is a market for a flashback system for that though, as most kids who grew up during that era had the 2600 (maybe the 5200) and not the home computers.
    All of my friends were playing Vic-20, Apple IIe and C-64 by 1983. My room mate (while I was going to tech school in Phoenix) had an Atari 800XL. He had it shipped to Phoenix just to show me how much more powerful his computer was compared to my C-64. It was pretty cool, I'll admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm glad I had those bad games like Ms. Pac-Man, Phantasy Star, Castlevania III, and SMB3 while I was waiting for gaming to start getting good.
    I was really disappointed that I had to play Archon, PSI 5 Trading Outpost, Seven Cities of Gold, Phantasie, The Bard's Tale, Donkey Kong and Galaga.
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Jul 2017 at 10:54 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    He mentioned it in passing but didn't discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That would have required reading the thread.
    Last edited by Melf; 19 Jul 2017 at 11:00 PM.

9. The soul still burns.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    it might have been me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    He mentioned it in passing but didn't discuss it.
    uhh... we went back and forth about it for multiple posts. Slime time.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.