Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

1. What is the purpose of this?
    Boo, Hiss.

So far it just seems like a console-ized PC with an Atari logo. Unless there's something they haven't revealed yet, it's looking pointless.

3. I can only imagine someone wants to be the Max Bialystock of the consumer electronics world.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    So far it just seems like a console-ized PC with an Atari logo. Unless there's something they haven't revealed yet, it's looking pointless.
    If Valve couldn't pull it off, Atarombie sure as hell can't.

5. too much like arobimi. Don't like it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    What is the purpose of this?
    I guess it's like an inexpensive Steambox, but probably not good enough to play current gen AAA stuff. At the same price as a PS4 I can't see it being a great buy, but I suppose it could be a solid emulator/media box for the living room.

The fact that it's essentially an x86 PC makes it less absurd of a product, but it also makes the Atari branding super weird.

It'll be a great buy on clearance for $50.

8. I'd still buy this over the SNES Classic. With this, I could play the SNES Classic games and other things.

I'm not going to buy this though, and I have an nVidia Shield, a PSP Go AND a PSTV.

9. Atari's plans for this thing had better be amazing if they expect anyone to buy it.

So yeah, they're screwed. This thing won't even host Tempest 4000.

10. I lost whatever slight interest I may have had the moment I read the word 'indiegogo'.