Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

1. I have an app on my iPad with arcade perfect ports of 18 Atari games and 83 perfect ports of 2600 games.

Why would I need this?
    Last edited by sleeve; 18 Jul 2017 at 01:05 AM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. They say it will play modern games, but what sort of modern games are they talking about?

3. I had so much fun with the 2600 when I was a kid. Looking back, the only thing that was clearly garbage even at the time was that joystick.

A while back I watched a postmortem on Pitfall that went into how it was programmed. That game is REALLY impressive knowing how they had to create it. And when I say they, I mean he. All of those games were mostly made from start to finish by one person. It must have been a really fun time/place to make games.

I have a hard time going back and playing the 2600. Except for Kaboom, I can play Kaboom anytime, anywhere.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Saucy!
    Hey I have a virtual hatred of hipsters these days... that and bronies. They are the worst bottom-feeding scum to populate the internet.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I had so much fun with the 2600 when I was a kid. Looking back, the only thing that was clearly garbage even at the time was that joystick.

A while back I watched a postmortem on Pitfall that went into how it was programmed. That game is REALLY impressive knowing how they had to create it. And when I say they, I mean he. All of those games were mostly made from start to finish by one person. It must have been a really fun time/place to make games.
    You should read Racing the Beam. The best book on video games yet written.

7. I can't wait to play Hard Drivin' 2020 and Pit Fighter Revolution!
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 18 Jul 2017 at 05:30 PM.

8. Give me a sequel to Todd's Adventure's in Slime World and I'm in.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Give me a sequel to Todd's Adventure's in Slime World and I'm in.
    Aw man, I loved that game! Played the hell out of it on the Lynx. Hugely underrated. Maybe I'd have a use for this after all...
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Seriously, give me 30 or so PS3-caliber updates to STUN Runner, Blue Lightning, Road Blasters, and other Lynx games and I'll buy it. Exclusives and a low entry price.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 18 Jul 2017 at 05:46 PM.