Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

I think people too often overlook the arcade angle. The same thing happens with Sega.

2. Tramiel's best console was probably the Lynx (from Epyx), that is one system way ahead of its time.

No doubt about that. It was the Dreamcast of portables.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I think people too often overlook the arcade angle. The same thing happens with Sega.
    True, but with Atari it was a little more complicated. In 1984 they actually spun off the arcade division into a totally separate company, run by different people. The home computer (and later console) division was run by a bunch of incompetents.

The reason the Lynx was so good was because it was originally developed by Epyx, as kingoffighters points out.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    True, but with Atari it was a little more complicated. In 1984 they actually spun off the arcade division into a totally separate company, run by different people. The home computer (and later console) division was run by a bunch of incompetents.
    Great point. I had forgotten about that wrinkle.

The reason the Lynx was so good was because it was originally developed by Epyx, as kingoffighters points out.
    Yeah, they passed on the NES but bit on the Lynx. Those two systems deserved to have their fates reversed. The success (and then monopolistic bullshit) of the NES cost us so much horsepower for so many years.

6. For my authentic Atari experience, this needs to ship in a large Montgomery Ward paper bag full of cartridges and a broken second joystick.

Toss in a couple of unrelated cables from a ham radio kit just for fun and we're *solid gold*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I brought up the arcade side, because it wasn't ran by Tramiel. The one great thing that TW did right was divide them before selling them.
    Last edited by gamevet; 19 Jul 2017 at 06:46 PM.

Roadblasters is awesome, I always forget Atari made that.

9. Roadblaster was my most played Atari Lynx title. It was an excellent port.

10. The only game I ever had for my Lynx was Electrocop.