Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: Ataribox

1. It’s not just Tempest 4000 and Yar’s Revenge. All of those Atari 2600 games were running on emulators, too. Scandalous!

Seriously, I wish this system were just a very underpowered Steam machine. At least that way it would have a library of games.
    Last edited by RoleTroll; 12 Jun 2018 at 08:57 AM.

2. I don't understand how anyone can get investors to get behind a bush league game console.
    If they really wanted to bring back the old Atari games and moderns updates to them, why not make some retro controllers and a collection for PC/consoles?
    I would buy a set of USB paddles and a modern update to Warlords in a heartbeat.

3. I have no use for the Atari VCS or whatever company it is wearing Atari's skin. Having said that, if the company can make the VCS then I don't see a reason why Tempest 4000 running on it in whatever form it ends up there is a problem, so long as it's at least 1080p and 60fps. PC version in WINE or some other method of tinkering with it, if it runs it runs.

My expectation is the system will exist but the build quality will be less than stellar. Maybe Atari will surprise me, but it's not my money and I've got zero nostalgia for the company, so whatever. Speaking as someone who grew up in the late 70s/early 80s, the Atari name has always been overrated and the honestly great games that came from them were an exception rather than the rule.

4. The guy in that video is old school. He was there for the Ouya launch!

Seriously, the only people who should honestly give two shits about this are the ones stupid enough to invest in it. Anyone else should wait until there's actually something to show before they hope to be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That looks like a trustworthy news source.
    I've always pronounced it Reres, I can't help how it looks.

Not a fan tbh.