Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Ataribox

1. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Aw man, I loved that game! Played the hell out of it on the Lynx. Hugely underrated. Maybe I'd have a use for this after all...
    Did you ever hook up two Lynx and play it multiplayer? Pretty awesome co-op and versus.

Red Baron with linked-up Lynx was also great.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Did you ever hook up two Lynx and play it multiplayer? Pretty awesome co-op and versus.
    No, I never did but I always wanted to! Imagine an 8-player co-op Metroid-style game in 1990. That's what Slime World was.

Red Baron with linked-up Lynx was also great.
    You mean Warbirds? Always wanted to try versus on that one, too. I was the only kid on the block with a Lynx
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. You guys realize the old Atari is not this iteration of Atari.

Exactly. Look at what Konami and Capcom have become and then add two deaths and resuscitations. That's who is making this.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    You should read Racing the Beam. The best book on video games yet written.
    I just may do that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    You guys realize the old Atari is not this iteration of Atari.
    We're like 4 different versions of Atari's deep, or maybe it's 5? I've lost count.

7. I can't imagine any scenario where this thing isn't a flop, but I would probably be interested if they pack in some decent paddle controllers and an new Warlords game.

8. This thing would entirely justify its existence by simply letting people play superior 5200 ports with better controller options than the 5200 actually got. 5200 Kaboom and Super Breakout with a proper paddle controller would be manna from heaven.

(Put out a massive trac-ball controller like the 5200's though. That thing made for some sweet Centipede.)

9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    No, I never did but I always wanted to! Imagine an 8-player co-op Metroid-style game in 1990. That's what Slime World was.
    My brother and I had one and our best friend had one, so we got to battle in some two player slime world on long car trips. Really fun. Yeah co-op was cool. Versus was like Towerfall, with multiple rooms and your own screen, in the 1990s. Sleeve, we just made this sound like the best game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    You mean Warbirds? Always wanted to try versus on that one, too. I was the only kid on the block with a Lynx
    yes Warbirds!!! Pretty fun as well with the linked Lynx.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    This thing would entirely justify its existence by simply letting people play superior 5200 ports with better controller options than the 5200 actually got. 5200 Kaboom and Super Breakout with a proper paddle controller would be manna from heaven.
    Atari 800 computer versions of both of those games support paddles. Both are very similar to the 5200 versions.