Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ready Player One

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Is there any reason to watch this movie instead of any single movie that it's referencing?
    I'm not sure that's how this works.

2. Ended up seeing it, it's OK. Wreck It Ralph, pretty much!

Seeing a bootleg Mechagodzilla fight a Gundam was neat, and it was nice seeing the Aliens pulse rifle in there a bunch. Spielberg Schmaltz was in full effect during the 17 minutes he actually directed.

The reference stuff skipped an annoying amount of detail, if they were going that route. It had the 'stuff' but the stuff didn't work like it did in the source material; Iron Giant's parts didn't connect up like they do in that film, the DeLorean didn't have ice on it, the Monty Python hand grenade didn't have the 1, 2, 5 thing going on. If you're going to go nuts on having all this crap in there, maybe actually watch the movie twice I guess?

The Shining: The Video Game was cute.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 08 Apr 2018 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Just got back from seeing this. Or rather seeing a blur that was titled Ready Player One. Some things were pretty obvious, the Gundam, Iron Giant, MechaGodzilla which wasn't a bootleg but actually referenced as being MechaGodzilla not sure what you're on about Yeller. Blizzard was a pretty heavy sponsor, caught glimpses of Overwatch, Zerg, Protoss and Jim Raynor if Jim Raynor was all bout Murica. Also caught glimpses of Ninja Turtles, Halo Spartans, pretty sure I saw a Battletoad or two in a frame or two. Also I was positive the big bad guy had Superman as an avatar but he never made an appearance so I dunno.

But honestly I think this will be a movie that's easier to catch all the references on the small screen. There is just too much shit going on on the screen in the big action moments.

Plot was ok. Never read the book.

4. It's not an actual Toho Mechagodzilla design that's ever been in a movie. Hence, bootleg. Blue breath weapons really aren't an MG thing.

/i have watched waaaay too many Godzilla movies not to notice. It's closest to a mecha version of US Godzilla 2014 with crazy gangly arms.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 09 Apr 2018 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. OK fair enough.

6. Yeah, I saw a clip of that wannabe Mecha G on YouTube. That ain't no Kiryu.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

It's mostly ok. It was cute. Probably really cool to 12 year Olds and their dads.

I do have to admit the sjw complaints are valid though. The love story was forced and there were a serious lack of female properties.

8. Yeah, but do you really want to see an Oasis swarming with Pinkie Pies? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

it dosn't have to be that. But you can't tell me that in a game where you can make anything your avatar, there wouldn't be some sailor moons, or sherah.

Saw this last week. i enjoyed it for what it was. started reading the book yesterday. amazingly different. i like the book way more.