Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LPGA Dress Code a bit too strict.

1. LPGA Dress Code a bit too strict.

Lexi Thompson mocks the new LPGA dress code in an early 1900s inspired outfit

I saw the picture of Lexi wearing this outfit, calling it her dress code compliant outfit. And I kek'd. So, what the Hell IS the dress code? OK, here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The LPGA Dress Code

Racerback with a mock or regular collar are allowed (no collar = no racerback)
    Plunging necklines are NOT allowed.
    Leggings, unless under a skort or shorts, are NOT allowed
    Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.
    Appropriate attire should be worn to pro-am parties. You should be dressing yourself to present a professional image. Unless otherwise told “no,” golf clothes are acceptable. Dressy jeans are allowed, but cut-offs or jeans with holes are NOT allowed.
    Workout gear and jeans (all colors) NOT allowed inside the ropes
    Joggers are NOT allowed
    "Today in 2023, the LPGA made the dress code even stricter than the previous changes in 2017. Female golfers must now wear hats with ribbons, hair tied back in a bun, cardigans, blouses with collars and long sleeves, all buttons buttoned including at the neck, a bow at the collar, a corset, skirts no higher than mid-calf, and hosiery reaching 4" or more above the hem of the skirt. Socks, and shorts or other trousers are forbidden. " :P

OK, leggings should be required to have shorts/skorts over them, and one's bottoms should be long enough not to show bum.
    But a racerback with no collar is banned? Come on. That takes it a little too far. There should not be a need for a collar. Plunging necklines should be reasonably limited rather than totally forbidden. Not all low necklines are "revealing". While the LPGA golfers shouldn't come to the course dressed like Britney Spears, getting over-conservative is not necessary. There's a fine line between a professional image and a stodgy one.

This is not your great-grandparents' LPGA anymore. Welcome to 2017, the time of Paige Spiranac and Lexi Thompson. Give all respect to legendary golfers of the past, but remember times change.

2. What.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. Yeah, wat?

The dress code needs to be handled on a case-by-case basis. These ladies shouldn't have one:

The Kathy Bates looking ones need to dress like Nanook of the North.

5. I don't care about this story at all.

This is a strange thread!

7. My understanding of Women's Tennis and Women's Golf is that it is exclusively watched by 50+ year old dudes in sports bars during the afternoon who seem to have a weird unspoken fetish about it. The uniforms are a big part of that.

To each their own! Now we know this about gameoverDude. And Yoshi, probably. Chase that rainbow buddy, you do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Women's tennis is better to watch than men's tennis since matches don't last five hours.

9. Tennis is a good sport to watch. The female variety isn't as fast or powerful but it has lots of attractive women in short skirts. I don't see the problem.

10. The power and speed of men's tennis can work against how watchable it is, sometimes. Lots more unforced errors, aces, and double faults that lead to choppy, stop and go matches. There tends to be more strategic rallies in women's tennis due to the slower pace. The skirts don't hurt, either.