Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August is too damn hot edition.

1. Walmart is doing their summer clearance on Lego. Got a number of Ninjago sets for the boys, a couple of the Lego Batman Movie sets dropped to a reasonable price, the Scuttler and Killer Croc sets are $30 in many places.

2. A couple of card games I Kickstarter'd came in: Pretending to Grownup and Drinking Quest (an older game that was a cheap add-on). The former is entirely about bluffing and squabbling, the latter has you chugging beers on a failed roll. I'm down.

...and the first 2 generations of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on Bluray. Finally, a reasonably priced anime Bluray set with the same quality as the Japanese releases! Redrawn/uncensored scenes and licensed music all included!

The Retropie is cool and all, but I've been wanting some good way of playing my actual carts on my HDTV without using a messy upscaler setup. I got a Retro Freak in today (the Japanese system that's like a Retron 5 but takes a dozen different types of carts) and I'm putting it through the paces. It's neat but I'm not really to give it the thumbs up yet.

I'm getting close to all the motherboards I want at least. The carts are a different story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. My computer parts came in, long night ahead.
    Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Fun
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Oh yeah. Building a new computer is a pretty cool experience.

8. Everything is up and running. Frog gave me Sonic Racing and it looks great!

9. Bought a 4k lg oled tv this week. It's very sexy. Wanted to go 65" but it was $1000 more than the 55" I went with.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Nice, how much is that 55"?